24, routledge family affairs

Start from the beginning

"John B" Sarah's voice filled with pity.

"Hell, I wouldn't believe him either." A sigh of relief came from both AJ and John B as Big John rounded the house and Sarah pulled away from the hug.

"Hello Sarah" He called out, AJ watching as shock took over Sarah's face. She looked between John B and his dad as her hand met her face.

"Wh- oh my god" Sarah sputtered as she walked over to her boyfriend's dad, the man her father had not killed.

"come on Sarah or should I say, Mrs. Routledge?" Big John said as he hugged her.

"Where'd you go?" John B questioned, it being entirely ignored.

"Welcome to the family, Sarah"

"Where the hell did you go?" AJ was by John B's side now.

"Come on son, it's a day of celebration. My son's wife, my son and my niece all together. Bring it in." Big John let out, opening his arms.

"Niece? Sarah pulled away from Big John to look at AJ who nodded. Another look of shock washed over the blonde girl's face. AJ excused herself after a moment or two to head into the Chateau.

Her hands rested on her mother's books. The relief of finding them exactly where they were left was something she didn't know she needed to feel. She grabbed something clean to change into from her bag and by the time she did, Sarah was getting ready to leave.

Sarah informed AJ that Pope would probably be home by now and the latter nodded, deciding to go see him. Sarah said she'd be heading to Tannyhill to get some clothes herself and a few things she left behind and that she'd catch Kiara and JJ up to speed.

AJ didn't know why she got so nervous as she approached. She could see Pope, the boy sitting with his parents and Cleo at an outdoor table. The four looking deep in conversation.

She didn't want to interrupt by when she took her next few steps Cleo turned to look over, meeting the blonde's eyes. "AJ" She breathed out and AJ watched as Cleo stood and walked over, wrapping her arms around the blonde.

"hey" AJ let out, hugging the girl back.

"We couldn't hear you guys on the phone" Cleo breathed out as she pulled away.

Pope didn't say anything as he walked toward her, simply hugging the girl tightly. AJ let her eyes shut as she wrapped her arms around his neck, settling into his hug.

"oh my god" AJ pulled away, looking between Pope and Cleo before speaking up again. "You're not gonna believe it, Big John is alive and at the chateau and he's my mom's brother. Me and John B are cousins" She sputtered out and Cleo and Pope shared a similar, shocked expression.

"Amelia, I should have known from the first time I saw you. You look just like Brianne" Heyward scoffed lightly and Pope looked back at his father confused.

"Right, you knew my mom" It wasn't a question, she remembered what Big John said about the man and her mother on the boat.

"Knew her? She was one of my best friends. I heard about what happened to her, I'm sorry" A sad smile took over his face as he talked about her and AJ thanked him.

"Ya know, I've got something for you after we eat" He spoke as Pope's mom beckoned the three teenagers to the table.

"sit, eat" She looked at her son and Cleo and then at AJ. "here AJ" She passed a plate to the girl and she thanked the woman before sitting next to Pope.

The five fell into conversation about Poguelandia and what happened to them while they were gone. AJ couldn't help but take sneaking glances at Pope throughout the meal. She wanted to talk to him. About a lot of things, mostly what happened at the horse stables. But she just couldn't get herself to do it.

Once they were finished and Cleo was helping Pope's mom clean up, Heyward led AJ toward his office. "I want to show you something" He pulled a few things from an old cabinet and handed them to AJ as he did. Mostly old photos.

"Me and your mom used to send updates constantly. Always sending each other pictures of you kids. Oh, hold on right there. I almost forgot." AJ swore she could have had whiplash from the way Heyward shot up with his words.

He retreated into another room before emerging a few moments later, a single photo in his hands. "we have another copy of this, this one is yours" He handed the girl the photo and she furrowed her brows. Two young children standing next to each other on the beach.

The boy, head tilted with his tongue sticking out, his arm around the blonde girl who leaned up to kiss his cheek. AJ stared down at it for a moment before looking up at Heyward.

"is that Pope?" She questioned and Heyward sent the girl a smile.

"is what me?" Pope came into the office and AJ looked at him with a shocked smile. Holding the photo out for him.

"look" She watched as he looked at the photo and then back up.

"Wait, that's us?" Pope asked his dad, his eyes still studying the picture.

"Yeah, you guys were attached at the hips that summer," Heyward spoke as the three left the office.

"awe, look at how little we were" AJ practically gushed over the photo as Pope handed it back. She took note of the time as they passed a clock on their way out and it reminded her of John B telling her and Sarah to meet back at the Chateau at six.

"I have to go, but, thank you for this" AJ turned to Heyward and he smiled.

"Anytime, I've got lots of photos buried somewhere, and lots of stories." Heyward waved her off before retreating back into the building.

"Don't forget about lock down" The man reminded his son as Pope followed after AJ.

"I should go, I told John B me and Sarah would be back by now" she spoke, looking up to the boy as they slowed at the edge of the property.

"yeah, uh, I'll swing by once lockdown is over. Probably tomorrow" He answered and she smiled and nodded.

The pair stood in silence for a moment before AJ wrapped her arms around the boy's neck again, her body against his. He hugged back and she took a breath before pulling away. She still couldn't just say what she needed to say.

(NOTES)

(NOTES)

hope brianne's connections 
aren't too much. (being a routledge,
being best friends with heyward, 
and ward killing her)