❝︎CHAPTER ELEVEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 from where she was cooking her daughter's breakfast, smiling as Astra flew in through the open kitchen window. The owl sat there perched for a moment, cawing for attention from the older Black woman. Anastasia chuckled at the needy owl, exchanging the letter in her mouth for a treat. Anastasia gave the owl a pat on the head before sending her on her way. When the owl was gone, Anastasia enchanted the food to continue to fix itself before making her way up the stairs and towards her daughters room. She opened the Hogwarts letter in her hands, silently scanning over the supplies for this year before closing the letter and knocking on the door.

     "Juniper?" Anastasia called, turning the knob and carefully peaking her head inside, smiling at her still sleeping child. Anastasia pushed her way into the room, walking over to her daughters bed and placing a hand on her should, gently nudging her awake. She watched as Juniper's face scrunched up before slowly opening her eyes. "Good morning, sunshine."

     "Mmm, five more minutes." Juniper mumbled, rolling on her side.

     "Your Hogwarts letter just came in," Anastasia whispered. Juniper turned towards her at that news. Anastasia waved the letter in front of her, watching with amusement as Juniper pulled herself up into a sitting position, taking the letter from her mother's hand. As Juniper read the letter, Anastasia said, "After you eat, I thought we might go ahead and head down to Diagon Alley to get your books and everything."

     "Can Shadow come with us?" Juniper asked with hope.

     "You know he can't." Anastasia stood up, glancing at the dog that was laying at the foot of Juniper's bed, where he always was. Anastasia whistled for the dog, pointing towards the door and watching as he slowly stood up, jumped off the bed, stopping long enough to stretch his body before trotting out of the room. "Come on."

Juniper begrudgingly pulled herself from the bed, throwing the covers to the side before letting her bare feet touch the ground. Shivers ran up her spine at the chill of the floor. She walked out of the room, her mother following after her. They made their way down the steps, Shadow already waiting downstairs for them, eating away at his food. Juniper sat down in her usual spot, smiling as the food was placed in front of her. She didn't begin to eat until her mother was sitting down with her and as soon as they were both sitting, Juniper dug in.

     "Mom," Juniper swallowed her food before continuing, "why can't Harry know you are his godmother?" Anastasia had to stop herself from choking on her food in surprise. The dark haired woman turned her head to look at her daughter. "His aunt and uncle treat him horribly. Why can't he just come and live with us?"

     Anastasia didn't answer for a moment. "I was told to stay out of any affairs regarding Harry. It was the only way to keep you safe. Plus, with your father being in Azkaban, the ministry isn't too keen on keeping the infamous 'boy-who-lived' under the same roof as a 'murderer's wife'."