7 ● The light is slowly dieing

Beginne am Anfang

I smiled and kissed her cheek "yeah, come on lets go I wanna see lou" I yelled and I jumped out the car. She yelled back at me "You saw her yesterday day liliana". I turned around and shrugged my shoulders. I ran in the building with paige hot on my tail.

The moment we got into the locker one she caught me and picked me up from behind. I squealed "paige put me down." we were giggling like little girls. we eventually fell down and we just laid there in silence.

We didn't know this but the entire team was watching us including coach and CD. They were looking at us so lovingly. Everyone likes to think that we like each other. I mean I know I like her but come on, be so for real. As if she'll ever like me back.

I know it's typical to say sum like that but it's true. I mean we've known each other since we were little. My mom and dad got a divorce when me and nika were born and dad wanted one of the twins so he chose me and we moved to Minnesota when I was just a little over 1.

And we lived right next door to paige and we never spoke til i was seven and she was six and my dad took me to a basketball court by our house. And guess who was there the infamous paige bueckers.

She had come over to me and asked me if I wanted to play. I said of course and we hit it off. Our dad's talked the entire time we played. Ofc we were so little it wasn't exactly easy. seeing as we barley knew how to play.

My dad still spoke his native tongue and was slowly learning English but paiges dad understood. We went to the same school and grew up together. We were attached at the hip. Wherever paige was I was.

So of course the inevitable happened and around the age of sixteen I fell inlove with her. I've managed to keep it hidden all these years. It wasn't like i could tell someone she was my only best friend I couldn't trust anybody else with that information.

Other than paige ofc but uh that doesn't check out now does it. Anyway I've been in love with her for around 6 years. The only people I have told was lou and my sister. I told lou bc she's fighting with paige for my number one person currently (joking) but nika find out and confronted me.

ANYWAY. The point is that I'm inlove with paige bueckers but she'll never know.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

We are currently wrestling in the middle of the court over the ball waiting for the boys get here for the pickup game.

"Liliana give me the damn ball" She said out of breath as she tried to chase me. "lily please!!" I turned to her and she was hunched over and breathing really heavy. We had been running around for like 5 minutes.

"ok fine bc you asked to nicely" I gave her the ball, I kissed her cheek I ran over to azzi and jumped her her back. "hey pookie" I laid my head on her back and she started walking back to the locker room. "hey lils, you really wore paige out there huh?" azzi was laughing the entire time.

I shook my head and jumped off her back and went to my locker, "nah just hates chasing my around cuz she knows I'm really fast." I shrugged my shoulders. I changed my top really fast. Seeing as lou just told me the boys were here.

The bad feeling I've had all day had come back as soon as she said that and I had no clue why.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

We have been playing pickup for like 30 minutes now. And my mind was starting to get fogging and I was on the verge on puking on whoever was guarding me.

I was watching as it had happened. Paige was running full speed towards us on the other side of the court and she noticed I was wide open.

I watched in slow mo as my world shattered. She abruptly stopped and fell. She let out one of the most pitiful screams I have ever heard in my life.

I suddenly couldn't see. My ears were ringing. I heard the pop and the way her leg bent. I just stood there as everyone stopped and crowded around her.

It was as if I was deaf and I couldn't hear her screams or azzi. I didn't even see lou run over to me until she was shaking my shoulders.

"annie! , LILIANA , LILIANA PEARL MÜHL!!" she shook me until I looked at her, "she needs you liliana " she whispered at me as she could tell I was already pretty shaken up.

I looked back at paige and she was look at me. Her face was bloodshot and she had tears running down her face. I finally ran to her and fell to the ground by her head.

"hi Slatka Djevojko, it's gonna be okay. yeah? I'm right here and I'm not leaving. Here through every step of the way. I love you so much paige" I cried into her shoulder and I lent down with her head in my lap.

 I love you so much paige" I cried into her shoulder and I lent down with her head in my lap

I just might cry dude I Hage seeing paige hurt 😭