"Parking lots aren't the best place to have an argument because you never know who's around," Amyra shrugs, her head tilted slightly as she fiddles with a familiar silver ring wrapped around her middle finger.

Chris remains silent, biting down harshly that he could break his teeth at any moment. His clenched jaw is defined under the lightly. Flames growing behind his eyes the longer he stares at Amyra.

"I know you're only pretending to date her to get back at me, and I must say... I appreciate the effort to pull a revenge on me. It's flattering," Amyra narrows her eyes at him, pausing for a minute before she speaks again.

"I still like you, Chris."

Silence between the two is deafening. Chris' heart pounds loudly against his chest. His first ever heartbreak just so happened to confess her buried feelings out of thin air whilst he longed for her for months on end before, wishing for her to say these exact words. He does not utter a word. He stares dead into Amyra's wicked eyes, reading her the same way she did to him earlier.

Mind game, that is what Amyra is playing. Chris knows she is doing this to get to his head and confuse him with his emotions, and despite no words being exchanged, she knows her scheme is working.

"And what if I don't end it with her?"

Amyra's face lights up as if she was expecting the question to come up somewhere in the conversation. She pulls out her phone from her white purse to locate the image that she had sent him earlier. "Then I send this picture to every single person in our grade and make her senior year a living hell."

Spoiler, she does it anyway.

Chris balls up his left hand into a fist under the table, the voices inside his head cursing at Amyra with every vulgar word in the book. He takes a deep breath before parting his lips, "why now, Amyra?"

"I miss you."

This girl's fucking insane.

He sighs heavily. "When was all this when I chased you around like a fucking idiot?"

Amyra leans forward, her hands clasped together and rested atop the table. She does not answer his question; instead, she stares at his frustrated face. Her eyes scan over his clenched jaw, knitted eyebrows, shaggy hair, and indurated gaze. She clears her throat, tucking her short black hair behind her left ear. She does not speak for a moment as she observes Chris sitting silently across from her. She knows she is being cussed out in his mind right now, it is quite obvious from his lingering cold stare alone.

"You have a month to break the news to her or I tell people another thing... and this one is just about you and possibly someone else."

Chris freezes in his seat, though he does not let it show. His eyes widen slightly as another threat hits him. "What are you talking about?" His voice remains steady as he was careful to not let the subtle tremble in his cadence be heard.

Amyra shamelessly smirks for the fiftieth time. "I know what happened between you and Kendall, and I'm sure other people would love to know too."

Chris scoffs, moving to stand up and leave his seat like he wanted to from the moment he sat down. "Are we done here?"

Amyra hums in response, crossing her legs under the table whilst she rests her chin in the palm of her right hand. If she were to be honest, she is not sure of what he will do. After being with Chris for a while back then, it is to say that he was unpredictable majority of the time. Howbeit, with this mind game she had sprung out onto him, she is more than sure her words had got to his head enough for him to fall into her trap.