Clary tried to copy the stance but failed slightly, that only caused Elara to chuckle as they both began to circle one another, that was before Clary ran forwards, throwing a punch towards Elara who merely blocked it by grabbing onto her arm and swinging it behind the redhead, holding her there while Clary struggled to get away.

Elara let her go and pushed her away gently "First rule: Don't rush straight into attacking the person by punching them, it's obvious."

Clary nodded her head as they both immediately got into the stance once more, facing one another. Clary's eyes traveled down Elara's legs before she looked back at the girl once more.

The brunette internally groaned when she saw that, the girl giving her attack away. Clary ran towards her and went to kick the back of Elara's legs before the latter twirled around and kicked the back of Clary's legs instead, sending her to the floor, landing on her back with groan.

"Second rule: Never give your act of attack away by looking at the place you're aiming for."

"Okay, I got it." Clary picked herself up off the floor and walked to stand in the fighting stance again, her chest heaving.

Elara smiled slightly as she walked towards her and took her right arm before placing it onto her shoulder. Clary gave Elara a questioning look when she placed both her hands onto the redheads arm.

Clary went to speak before Elara kicked the redheads legs and flipped the girl over her head and onto the floor behind her, the brunette twisting around as she did so. "Sorry." Elara said while peering down at the girl who was still sprawled across the training room floor. The brunette walked over to the groaning girl and sat down next to her.

"How did you learn all that?" Questioned Clary.

"I don't know." Elara shrugged before sending the girl a small glance "Can I tell you something, something you can't tell anyone else, not even Jace or Simon."

"Of course." The redhead went to sit up before she groaned and moved to lay back down. Elara sighed and pulled out her stele, gently running it over the girls rune upon her neck, watching as Clary sighed in relief.

The moment Elara had placed her stele back into her pocket, she began to speak. "When my mother was pregnant with me, Valentine and my father, Roman, were best friends." she sighed, watching as Clary sat up, curiosity lacing her features "Valentine decided that he would put extra Angel blood into my mother's food every morning while at night my father would inject her with something else."

"What did he inject her with?" Clary whispered while moving closer to the girl, her hand gently placing itself onto Elara's arm.

Elara closed her eyes for a few moments, not exactly understanding everything she had been told herself. She never thought she'd ever have to tell anyone she had Demon blood running through her veins. Which even made her wonder why the Institute alarms never went off when she first walked in.

"Demon blood." Elara whispered, turning her head slightly to peer over at the redhead who gasped and moved ever so slightly so that she was now fully facing the brunette. "I have demon blood in my system, Clary, but the angel blood is overpowering it."

"You also said Valentine gave your mom extra angel blood right?" Clary questioned, her brows furrowing slightly as she tried to grasp the story that was being told. "Does that mean it also went into your system?"

Elara nodded her head, tears welling up in her eyes as she sighed "That's why I can fight like I've been training my whole life, but it's also why I can be aggressive towards people."

"You know this doesn't make me think any different of you, right?" Clary sent the girl a small smile, tears now welling in her own eyes. "I love you for who you are, Elara, you're my best friend."