Episode 40: The Fate of Danger Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Well, how are we supposed to do that, Charlotte?"

"Yeah, Charlotte?!" Jasper and Henry asked sharply, doubting her wisdom, even though she'd never been wrong about something like this before, not to mention that (y/n) was also responsible for their ridiculous plan. She glared at her friends, unappreciative of their tone. Still, she'd have the last laugh, especially when she explained her genius.

"Well, I was gonna say that we can use the Omeg--"

"We use the Omega Weapon!" Piper gasped, saying the best part before her friend could finish. She didn't mean to, but Piper stepped on Charlotte's point, stealing the glory for herself as the boys broke into huge grins because that was crazy. Impressive but crazy, so why not use what Captain Man's enemies built against his nemesis?

"Yes! Which will temporarily take away his powers. Great idea, Piper!" Henry beamed, making his sister blush and say thanks as (y/n) and Charlotte exchanged a dry expression. Talk about being tortured geniuses...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, the Omega Weapon's not finished yet, though," Jasper interjected, wondering how they would get it to work with Schwoz kidnapped. After all, it's not like they had another bald, fuzzy coconut-like guy to follow the blueprints...

"Uh, yeah, hi. I'm (y/n), a Swellview Tech engineering graduate. Nice to meet you," the woman said sarcastically, offering her hand out to her beloved Curly as though they'd never met. Part of her was offended, seeing how her adopted children failed to remember that she could build things just as quickly as Schwoz. Maybe she wasn't a brilliant inventor like him, nor did she understand every aspect of science. Still, she was pretty damn good, especially when she had an assistant.

"And I learned a lot from Schwoz and (y/n/n) over the years, so I think we can finish--"

"Charlotte and (y/n) can finish building it!" Piper exclaimed, cutting off her friend again before she could finish--like it wasn't annoying. The Smarties growled lowly as the limelight avoided them, instead aiming for Piper since she apparently knew better than them. Well, she could build it if she was so bright...

"Yes! You are on fire today!"

"I'm feeling it!"

"Okay, okay, okay..." (y/n) said, shimmying away from the pumped-up girl when she aimed her blaster toward her again, eager to shoot any bad guy that came her way. She could deal with being overlooked - Lord knows that was the story of her life, but there was one thing pressing on her mind--or rather, her heart.

"We're sorted on Drex, but what about my doofus? He's stuck a hundred and one million years in the past, and that bastard broke the time-ray. I'm starting to get weepy again..." she sniffed, suddenly overcome with emotion as she reminded herself of the impossibility of seeing him again in this life, except maybe as recycled atoms or stardust.

"Don't panic, (y/n/n). I thought of that and--"

"Charlotte builds a new time-ray!" Piper guessed, pointing her finger at the girl, who rapidly grew tired of the constant interruptions. She frowned at the thought, thinking she could follow a set of notes under (y/n)'s careful guidance, but neither had that skill level. (y/n)'s talent lay in chemistry and mechanical physics, not astrophysics and quantum mechanics. Even she paled at the thought of straying into Schwoz's area of expertise.

"No, no--"

"Yes! Then, we use that time-ray to send Henry and (y/n) back in time to kill Drex while he's still a baby!" Jasper gasped, twisting his hands as if he imagined doing something unspeakable to Baby Drex. His friends gave him some mortified expression, believing his plan too dark and cruel for their style since it sounded more like something Drex himself would plan, not Captain Man's sidekicks.