03 - Pause in the great war

𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝟑𝟎𝒕𝒉, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

— TELL ME. How, how can you be so annoying?

— Tell me. How, how can you be so boring? — the older man said almost repeating the girl's sentence, which made her even more angry

At that very moment the two of them were sitting together on the team bus, heading to a game. Normally Phil would sit at the back of the bus, ready to disturb his teammates. But today, mysteriously, the man felt an urge beyond normal to disturb Juliana. Not that he didn't do it every day, but today the urge was greater.

Today would be the final of the English Super Cup. Manchester City against Liverpool. Everyone was confident, but Juliana couldn't say the same. She had woken up with a bad feeling, she never woke up like this, not on a match day, especially an important one. At first she thought she had woken up in a bad mood because Flora was sending her five hundred messages about how they should finish Liverpool off. Juliana wasn't a soccer expert, but she knew enough to remember that Flora hated Liverpool because they played against Flamengo a few times.

But she realized the feeling when she spent the whole day with it, until she got to the bus. The girl didn't want to assume but felt the feeling subside a bit after sitting next to Phil. He actually went after her, but that's beside the point.

It didn't take long to get to the stadium, but for the two of them who were together cursing each other, it felt like an eternity. Soon everyone got off the bus, Juliana was one of the last, carrying most of her equipment. Her camera was already a bit heavy, no one knew how the short girl could hold that weight in her bag. But it was no wonder she never missed a day at the gym.

After a while working in Manchester, Juliana had secured her position as the team's official photographer, even if she didn't hold the position yet, but she was already sure. When she finished her professional course she would finally come to live in Manchester to be the official team photographer. She was anxious, very nervous, but perhaps more anxious.

After all, by the end of the year she would officially be an adult, with her own apartment, established financial independence, having her dream job.