Where the plains of liyue were ever greener, Where the trees stood ever so tall, Where the great Mountains couldn't be moved, Where the sun always shines in the day and Where the moon always lights in the night.

The Yaksha's usual routine was to fight demons and enemies alike in the day and in the night he stays on for the look-out.

But...there were many days where he Traveler would sleep under a tree and the yaksha would join him, holding him close and keenly listening to his breathing.

The Yaksha caresses Aether's cheek lovingly, planting a few pecks on his forehead "words can not describe how much I love you.." he whispered

"And it can't describe how much I miss when your not here..."

Aether slowly opens his eyes to feel a familiar presence, he wraps his arms around his neck and coos "Xiaooo~!" drowsily

"Yes, Im here." He answered and the latter smiled fondly as he gave kisses on his cheek to his neck.

Aether would then go on about his day and the Yaksha would open his braid and put it back together multiple times.

Aether chuckles "You really like my hair don't you?" he turns back to look at the Yaksha

"You used a new shampoo? its scent is different than before but..."
"hehe~ actually I used Qinqxin with my regular shampoo~"
"Ah...your such a tease."

The Traveler's skin was soft, his presence was warm and his comfort and smile and when times where it was just him and the Traveler...

The Yaksha pulls Aether closer to him and hugs him from the behind enjoying the familiar scent of his lover and his rosy cheeks.

The Yaksha place his head on his lover's shoulder feeling comfortable with being close to him.

...

Before all of this the Yaksha remembers clearly the day where he said his goodbye to the Traveler as he went to travel to another region...

that being the last he saw of his lover, not knowing if he survived or not.

...

Xiao missed him dearly

...

he must see his lover before he fell to an eternal sleep.

...

The Yaksha opened his eyes, the fleeting moment of peace he felt before his own karma filled his mind.

'Weak.'

'A good-for nothing weapon.'

'Monster.'

'Useless.'

'Worthless.'

'Cruel.'

'Heartless.'

'Selfish.'

These words ring in his ear and the screams of all those died at his hands, but Xiao will persevere. With gritted teeth, pained heart and blood in his hands, he gets up and presses onwards.

With each step he takes he reminds himself that Aether is still out there...and even the mere thought of his lover being alone and wounded was too painful. Xiao will come to his aid, Xiao will give him one last kiss, Xiao will see his face, Xiao will make him smile, Xiao will hug him and comfort his lover...

Tears fall down from the Yaksha's eyes and his breath shortens

"A-aether..."

He calls out hoping for something.. anything.

"I-Im coming.."

His voice cracks.

"I-Ill be th-there..for- urhk you.."

He whispered trying not to cough

The Yaksha continues walking in this endless maze, he isn't sure where he's going but the thought of his lover pushes the Yaksha to his limits to keep walking.

The night grows colder as the sand blows and blows.

He feels...a certain warmth. A familiar one at that. Warmth he has not felt in so long before.

It almost reminds him of his lover.

The yaksha stops for a moment to raise his shaking hands and to look up

"A-aether..?"

The yaksha huffs as he continues walking on, his feet heavy with each step and tired with every second but he refuses to waver.

All the Yaksha wants is to see his lover one more time.

A spark catches the Yaksha's tired eyes, it looked like a remnant that was slowly flowing the opposite to the winds.
The Yaksha tried to reach to this spark but it kept flying away flowly smoothly across the terrian.

The Yaksha quickens his steps to catch up.

The spark eventually fades out.

The yaksha comes at a halt- the end of the maze the other side

The path ended where The yaksha stood and the other side was

...

The exit.

...

But its far different from what the Yaksha remembers of the liyuen border.

...

There stood his lover with open arms waiting for him on the other side.

"Aether!"

Not a moment to waste the Yaksha leaped forward.

He manages to land on his feet but he stumbles as he desperately walks to his lover who stood still with a warm smile.

Yaksha reaches his arms hugging his lover with everything. Tears finally break down from his eyes forming tears.

"Aether..Your safe.."

The yaksha notices the very hands hugging him are fading away.

the warmth slowly being replaced with the cold.

"Xiao I love you. I always will. I will never forget you."

//1297 words! :D//