CHAPTER #011. ASSEMBLY TIME!

Magsimula sa umpisa

The male walked out onto the street, stretching backward as he peered up at the sky. 'Why work so hard in restoring something already crooked, when he could tear it down and make a new one?' Hajime recalled the passing thought he had during his conversation with Asano. A small smile pulled at the corners of his lips, tearing down his old self and creating a new one, huh? It was about time he started acting like a Class E student.

Hajme walked off, unknowing of the eyes that watched over him.

     On Monday morning, Hajimed walked into the gymnasium minutes before the assembly. His class section wasn't in the gymnasium when he walked in, so Hajime presumed that they were still on their way down from the mountain. Nevertheless, he was glad none of his classmates would see him like this. The male ambled through the crowd with an indifferent expression as he ignored the stares aimed at him accompanied by unabashed whispers. This would be his first time making an appearance to the Kunugigaoka student body as a member of Class E. The reactions were reasonably mixed. Hajime raised an eyebrow at a student that outright sneered. The brown haired male abruptly changed his path to roughly brush against the student when he walked passed.

The male stumbled into his nearby classmate, the sneer wiped off his face as Hajime feigned a concerned expression. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." The student, a Class B senior from the looks of it, clicked his tongue but remained silent. Hajime gave a closed-eye smile then continued on his way.

The brown haired male neared the side of the stage where the student council was preparing for the program and smiled when he met the expecting stare of Asano Gakushuu. The strawberry blond male was standing with his arms crossed when Hajime went to stand beside him.

"Good morning, Asano-san." Hajime greeted, then raised his hand that was holding a white folder. "Here's what you asked for."

Asano took the offered document and opened it, peering at the resignation letter. The words written down were formal and void of emotions or bias, offering a heartfelt acknowledgement that his current deficiencies made him unable to continue as a proper student leader to the school. He side-glanced the brown haired male, "The offer still stands if you want to change your mind, Takano-san."

It was amusing how reluctant the president was to release Hajime from his duties when Asano was the one that issued for his renouncement. Hajime tilted his head, it was tempting, but he made his choice. It wasn't like he'd miss dealing with the many troubles the main building brought. "No thank you. I don't feel like changing my answer."

"It's a shame." Asano sighed, "Class E is undeserving of you. I don't understand why you'd want to stay with those lesser than you."

Hajime's eye twitched at that. The male never really cared much for the End Class in his previous years, it was merely a class section that was severely underfinanced and looked down upon. He never outwardly antagonized them but also couldn't deny he was an enabler that did nothing to stop the discrimination they faced. Now, standing in front of the face of the main building as an End Class student, the remark bothered him. Class E was not lesser in any way, although Hajime admitted they could use some support. Hajime gave his trademark closed-eye smile to male.

"Careful, Asano-san." Hajime warned light-heartedly, "I'm part of that lesser now."

One of the teachers announced that the assembly would be starting in a few minutes, so Hajime patted Asano on the shoulder and walked away. The gymnasium was more crowded and rowdier than before as students hurried to their respective lines. Hajime spotted his class lined up near the wall and fell into place at the very back of it. He stood behind Yoshida Taisei, a classmate that had dark brown hair styled into dreadlocks. From what Hajime knew, the male was friends with Terasaka and the like. In front of Yoshida was Yada, who turned around at the sight of him.