twelve

"Are you almost home?" She said through her phone.

"Ah, No, I'll not be coming today got some extra work... I'll be staying at the office."

"Again?" She said sighing annoyed.

"Well, yes, because I have to earn." He said roughly.

"You don't have to talk to me that way!" She raised her voice slightly.

"Well, I don't have any other option! You don't like it when I work but you love it when you spend that money, huh?" He said raising his voice as well, the tiredness increasing his anger.

"Love spending YOUR money, yes, because I HAVE to, I've got no other option you don't let me work for me to have my OWN money!"

He ends the call.

"Another fight?" A voice called from behind.

"What- Sukriti, what are you doing in my room?"

"Your room?" She shrugged and sat on the bed comfortably. "I don't know your room, this is my husband's room." She giggled and opened her hair.

"He is my husband.. and this is my room, our room, you don't have any right on this." Vasudha said like spitting poison.

Sukriti chuckled then raised her eyebrows. "Look who's saying, Dhruv's mistress."

She stood up and came near Vasudha, then turned to face the mirror.

"There's no comparison Vasudha... There's no comparison between me and you." She paused. "You have scars on your face, mine is clear. My hair is thicker and neat, look at yours, like that of a maniac's."

Sukriti started walking out of the room but then turned around and showed her the ring on her hand.

"We are married." She said showing her ring finger.

She smirked. "You are his mistress.. I am his wife"

With that she left the room, finally breaking Vasudha from inside.