Chapter 33: Plan of Attack

Adan

Standing before Brenna, it was all I could do not to take her right then and there. But I'd never forced a woman before, and I didn't intend to start now. But I wanted a taste, just one taste. Hearing that she was actually concerned for me had touched my heart. My heart pounded as my lips slowly descended upon hers, seeking acceptance. Her breath quickened, and when my lips touched hers, she kissed me back this time. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her soft body to my chest, deepening the kiss as my tongue danced with hers.

A moment later, I pulled back, breathless. "You're a good kisser."

"So are you," she breathed against my lips, the Mating pheromones rolling off her, causing my wolf to pant.

"Have you ever kissed a man before me?" I arched an eyebrow, reeling my wolf in.

She shook her head. "No. I've only kissed you."

"Good!" I chuckled, smiling as I backed away. "Thanks for... everything."

I knew I was teasing her, but I couldn't resist, wanting to get back at her for throwing me out of her room earlier. Also, I wanted to give her a taste of what she was missing... and what she could have... if she complied.

"You're a pig!" she yelled as she stormed out of the room, reminding me of a feisty kitten with her claws out, trying to prove her power but failing miserably.

I laughed as I walked out of the room, and Brenna was already gone. It was just as well. I planned to make it up to her later. But right now, I needed to find Mason. He was probably in his office working away, as usual.

I headed down the hallway toward the right and then turned left. Our offices were on the first floor, right across the hall from each other. It was more convenient that way.

Mason spent every waking moment in his office unless he was with me. But I, on the other hand, spent as little time as I needed to in my office. I preferred to keep an eye on the whole Pack, patrolling the grounds, making sure everything was secured and that things ran smoothly. However, Mason preferred numbers and strategy.

I stopped before his door and knocked.

"Come in!" he bellowed from the other side. I had called it right. It was a beautiful day out, yet here he was hard at work. When I walked in, he sat up a little straighter at his desk. "Alpha! What can I do for you?"

"Adan, please." I had asked him to call me by my given name more times than I could count, but he still insisted on calling me Alpha. I didn't mind it from the rest of the Pack, but he and I had been friends and working associates for years. We should be able to dispense with formality when we were alone.

He chuckled, folding his hands on his desk. "Okay... Adan." Then his expression turned serious. "What can I do for you?"

I relayed the information Brenna had just told me as he listened attentively.

"So, Boss, what would you like to do?"

"First, we need to double the security on the castle." I let out a deep breath as I sat on the club chair in front of his desk and leaned back, thinking. "This information is vital and worth its weight in gold." I made a mental note to thank Brenna later. "Keep what I just told you between us."

He blinked twice. "Always. You know you can trust me."

"I know, but I don't want word of this to spread." I leaned close, keeping my voice low. "We need a plan of attack. If this so-called 'White Alpha' is the one who attacked Brenna's Pack and killed her family, then he will pay."

A sinister smile spread across Mason's lips. "Sounds good to me."

We spent the next hour planning an attack on the White Alpha and his Pack.

"We know where their Compound is. Now, we just need to decide on a time." I let out a deep breath, considering.

"As soon as possible, in my book." Mason shrugged. "If we let him go too far, we'll all be in danger. Mark my words; he won't just stop with us. He'll go after every Pack and Alpha who resists."

I nodded, thinking. "Well, he's right about one thing. An Alliance between the species would be beneficial for all of us."

"But we have the Council—"

"Yes, for the Packs. But an Alliance, or council, with all of the species involved would cut down on the number of wars." I let out a deep breath. "It would keep from drawing the attention of the humans, too. But if this White Alpha keeps killing people, it will continue to draw their attention, which is something none of us wants."

Mason sighed. "So when would you like to do this?"

"Let me think about it, and I'll let you know." I leaned forward. "But in the meantime, we need to plan our strategy."

"Agreed." He took out a sheet of paper and started drawing a makeshift map. "Now, if we come in from the north, it'll give us more of an advantage...."

We spent another hour or so mapping out our strategy. Although I had been on this earth for many years and had learned a lot, Mason outwitted everyone at strategy. He really got off on it.

Mason had been my father's assistant before mine, when he was the Alpha. After my father's death, Mason had stayed on as my assistant, or Underboss, in Mafia terms. Mason was who you wanted on your side if you were planning an attack.

While we were planning, I couldn't stop thinking of Brenna. She was beautiful and determined to be treated as an equal, but there was no way I was giving up my power to anyone. I was the Alpha, and that was that.

When Mason and I were finished, I rose to my feet and stretched. Even though wolves were never sore and were rarely tired, I was getting antsy. My wolf needed to stretch, too. "Thanks for your help with this, Mason. I'll let you know soon when the attack will be."

Mason nodded. "Make sure not to take too long. I have a feeling he just might attack us first, given the chance."

"That's what I was thinking, too." I leaned in conspiratorially, placing my hands on his desk. "But if he comes for us first, we'll be ready."

Mason nodded thoughtfully as he stood, too. "So, are you and the new Queen coming to dinner in the Main Dining Hall tonight?" Mason gave me a sly smile as hope filled his eyes.

I had never had anyone so eager to get me married off in my life. But I understood why. With the Blood Moon coming next month, I shouldn't have been so quick to tease Brenna today. But then again, she was the one who had drawn first blood, so to speak.

"No, thanks," I replied. "I'm going to speak with Chef Caesar to fix a nice dinner for us."

"Good! Glad to hear it!" Mason patted me on the back. "So, are you going to pop the question tonight?"

"Mason, that's none of your business—"

Mason stared at me for a moment, and then his eyes grew wide. "She turned you down?" But she's your Mate!"

"Enough! What I do with the Queen is none of your business!" I shook my head in disbelief as I walked out, unable to believe that he would talk that way about his Queen... my Brenna. As I headed through the door, I knew something had to give between Brenna and me, and soon.

***

A/N: So what do you think will happen next? Will Brenna submit, or will it tear them apart? Comment below and let me know. Thanks for reading!

NOTE: If you'd like to read ahead, then check out my Patreon! 

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=82904554