one hundred & fifty-four

Start from the beginning

she was an important person in her life and she didn't want to live a life where her grandmother did not meet her children or see her get married.

it wasn't fair that the world wanted to take her grandmother away from her.

all of it wasn't fair.

but elsie didn't want to be mad at the world instead of cherishing the little time she had left with her grandmother.

she wanted to remember her grandmother in a positive way.

"baby, we're here." austin told elsie, pulling her away from her thoughts.

"merci." elsie smiled at the driver before the two climbed out of the car and started walking into the hospital.

(thank you)

"elsie?" the couple turned to see elsie's father and mother staring at them.

"papa." elsie sighed before she rushed towards her father and hugged him.

"chérie." he breathed out as he held onto elsie.

"how is she?" elsie asked as she pulled away from her father, not acknowledging her mother.

"she has been asking for you." pierre told his daughter with a sad smile.

"can i see her?" elsie asked as she glanced towards the door.

"yeah, go ahead." pierre nodded before elsie made her way into the hospital room while austin waited outside with pierre and kaira.

"hi grams." elsie smiled as she sat down in the chair beside the hospital bed.

"elisa!" marjorie gleamed at the sight of her favorite grandchild.

"how are you? are you in any pain?" elsie asked as she fought back the tears that wanted to fall.

"i'm not in any pain, sweet girl." marjorie smiled as she held elsie's hand in hers.

"did you bring that boyfriend of yours with you?" marjorie asked with a knowing smile.

"yeah, yeah i did." elsie laughed as she wiped away her tears.

"are you happy, elisa?" marjorie asked softly.

elsie thought for a moment before turning and seeing austin by the door, waiting for elsie.

"i'm really happy, grams." elsie smiled happily.

"that is all i've ever wanted for you, elisa. to find someone that makes you as happy as gramps did for me." marjorie smiled.

"he does, grams. he understands me and loves me for me." elsie smiled at the thought of austin.

"life is very short, elsie. you will never know what might happen tomorrow or next week. if you truly love him, don't let anything come between you. don't listen to anyone's opinions other than your own. if you want to marry him now, do it. if you want to have a child, do it. it is your life. do what you want with it. i just want you to live a happy life." marjorie told her sternly.

"i'm living a happy life, grams. nobody will ever take that away from me again." elsie smiled.

"good. now, tell me about your movie." marjorie smiled before elsie began to give her details about the movie she was in.

while elsie spoke to marjorie, austin stood outside of the room as he avoided kaira gaze.

he knew that kaira disliked him and frankly, he disliked her as well.

anyone with eyes could tell she favored jackie over elsie and he wasn't going to put up with that.

she didn't deserve to have a day in their relationship when she chose jackie over elsie repeatedly.

"what do you think you're doing here at a time like this?" kaira asked in anger.

"kaira, please." pierre begged his wife.

"no, he does not get to show up in elsie's life after the hurt he put her through." austin scoffed at her remark causing for the two to turn to him.

"the hurt i put her through? do you ever stop and think about how you choose jackie over elsie?" austin asked as he glared at kaira.

"and don't even get me started about you announcing jackie's pregnancy at her own wedding and ambushing elsie. you know more than anyone how much she wanted to have a family of her own and yet you decided to announce jackie's pregnancy before she even had the chance to tell elsie herself?" austin chuckled.

"i know i hurt her, i owned up to that. i spent the last two years trying to make it up to her and somehow, she found it in herself to not only forgive me but give me a second chance to love her. but you have yet to admit all of the shit you put her through but i will not sit here and allow you to talk down to me." austin stated angrily.

"i came here for elsie and i will always be here for elsie because i love her and i hope one day, i can have the privilege to marry her. and unless she breaks up with me because she does not love me anymore, you will continue to see me." austin told kaira as jackie and andrew approached them.

"how dare you speak to my mother that way? who the hell do you think you are?" jackie asked angrily.

"perfect. just perfect." austin laughed before turning to jackie.

"who the hell do you think you are scolding elsie for wanting to be with me after you went behind her back and planned a proposal she did not want?" austin asked causing for pierre to look at his daughter.

"what is he talking about, jacqueline?" pierre asked his daughter.

"nothing, dad. we all know he's a liar." jackie scoffed.

"i'm not because your own husband can attest to what i'm talking about. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go be there for my girlfriend." austin smiled before joining elsie in the hospital room.

a few hours later, marjorie had passed away and elsie just sat there and cried into her austin's arms at the loss of her grandmother.

it was a hard time for elsie but she knew that she'd be okay if she had austin by her side.

she couldn't imagine spending her life with anyone else.

he was truly it for her and she knew many people would hate her for her rash decision but she didn't care.

it was about time she started to live her life the way she wanted to.

it may have been because of her grandmothers words but it was enough to reassure elsie that it was her life and she didn't need to please anyone but herself.

and she wanted to make her grandmother proud.

BELLA'S CORNER

bye, i'm in tears

but honestly, i've cared about so many of my readers opinions regarding elsie's and austin's relationship and whether or not they're going too fast but i honestly do not care anymore

my babies will be GETTING MARRIED 🤍