010. pink peonies

federal bureau of investigation
behavioural analysis unit
criminal minds s1:e12

012. what fresh hell

    what fresh hell

"MISSING CHILD IN WILMINGTON, DELAWARE

Eleven year old Billie Copeland was last seen on the playground at four-thirty yesterday afternoon." JJ begins as she hands everyone a case file.

"That's twenty hours ago. Child Abduction Response Plan says we get notified immediately. What happened?" Hotch ponders as Kayleigh sighs and reads.

"Well, there was reason to believe that she was with her father. Her cell phone shows a call to him at around the time of the disappearance."

"So, they've since ruled him out?" Gideon adds and JJ looks up.

"He called the mother about an hour ago."

"That doesn't mean he isn't involved." He argues.

"He's on his way to the family home so you can talk to him there. But, the local police are now considering this a stranger abduction."

"Twenty hours late?" Derek scoffs as Spencer stands up.

"Long-term stranger abductions of children Billie's age are rare. They represent only half of one percent of all missing cases per year, but they are usually more likely to be fatal. Of the children that are abducted and murdered,
forty-four percent die within the first hour. From that point forth their odds of survival greatly decrease. Seventy-five percent are gone after three hours. Virtually all of them are dead after twenty-four."

"Which means we have just under four hours to find her."

"Shall we go?"

-