Kylo Ren vs. Rey

His SHOCK is broken only when - CHEWIE CRIES OUT IN AGONY! Chewie furiously FIRES AT KYLO REN, HITTING HIM IN THE SIDE! Kylo Ren falls back, stunned.

Despite the previous horror and sadness, the Jedi all jump in surprise but some grin at the Wookiee's blast.

"Oh ho, that was a brilliant shot!" Anakin says in an attempt to regain a more pleasant attitude.

Ahsoka wipes the tears away and smiles slightly. "Chewbacca always was an awesome Wookiee."

Mace has an impassive look on his face, but approves of the Wookiee for shooting the dark side apprentice, even if it didn't kill him. Those who followed the dark side would never be redeemed, the Jedi Code taught this much.

Our MUSIC TAKES OVER, EPIC AND HEARTBREAKING as Stormtroopers FIRE AT CHEWIE, who is forced to retreat down a corridor, where he holds the EXPLOSIVE REMOTE - he PUSHES THE BUTTON! Hearing ONLY OUR SCORE, FIRST ONE, then TWO, then FOUR, then SIX EXPLOSIONS rock the structure - CATWALKS FALL as the walls CAVE IN!

Everyone widens their eyes in surprise at the massive explosion, seeing all the parts fly everywhere, destroying the Oscillator damaged heavily.

"Chewie!" Ahsoka exclaims in concern, unsure of whether or not he survived.

"I'm sure he's fine Snips." Anakin says in an attempt to reassure her. Obi-Wan and Yoda nod their heads in agreement.

Kylo Ren SEES REY AND FINN, WATCHING THE EXPLOSIONS IN SHOCK - then they SEE KYLO REN, WHO RECOGNIZES THEM BOTH, WITH ASTONISHMENT. He rises to his full height and heads for them with long strides.

"Well someone looks upset." Obi-Wan remarks casually.

Anakin scowls. "He doesn't have a right to be... he killed his father. How could anyone do that..." he says in angry despair, upset with his grandson. He then remembers the helmet of the Sith he was speaking to earlier... perhaps that was Vader?

He wasn't sure what to think of that, feeling some sort of familiarity with it. However he couldn't turn into.a Sith Lord! He would never join the dark side, then he would lose everything he loved! His padawan, his master, his friends, his wife...

Stormtroopers begin to BLAST AWAY AT REY AND FINN! CRAZED, REY FIRES BACK AS BLASTS HIT AROUND HER. FINN WRAPS AN ARM AROUND HER AND DRAGS/CARRIES HER OUT OF SIGHT!

INT. RESISTANCE BASE - DAY

ADMIRAL ACKBAR: The Oscillator's been damaged but is still functional.

COMMODORE META reacts.

OFFICER TABALA ZO: Admiral, their weapon will fire in two minutes.

"The Resistance pilots need to make a move soon if they hope to ensure victory in this conflict." Master Mundi states.

EXT. FOREST - NIGHT

From a distance the oscillator is ablaze and fractured from the explosives. Then Rey and Finn appear, coming over a rising, running into a bare-tree snowy forest.

FINN: The Falcon's this way.

"What about Chewbacca?" Ahsoka asks in concern. No one has an answer, unsure of the Wookiee's fate.

Finn and Rey, overcome with emotion, race through the snowy forest - until Finn SLOWS AND STOPS. Rey stops too, both out of breath. They look at each other. They both know: they can't run.

"Wait, why have they stopped?" Anakin asks in confusion.

EXT. STARKILLER BASE - FOREST - NIGHT

Kylo Ren moves through the trees - until he STOPS. Takes out the saber, ignites it. A still figure amidst the gusts of wind and snow. STANDING THIRTY FEET AWAY, FACING HIM, ARE FINN AND REY. Finn holds LUKE'S LIGHTSABER, Rey the Stormtrooper BLASTER.