Flight of the Falcon

Start from the beginning

"Were those the TIE Fighters from before?" Anakin says, listening to the sound. "They brought TIE Fighters? That's absurd! Just for a droid and two unarmed people!"

"Well at least they never take unnecessary chances." Obi-Wan points out. "Better to have more than you need, then to not have enough to capture someone, lest they get away."

REY (CONT'D): Stop taking my hand!

EXT. NIIMA OUTPOST - TENT - DAY

Finn pulls Rey from the tent - BB-8 FOLLOWS - As they race from the tent a TIE FIGHTER SCREAMS INTO VIEW FROM BEHIND THE TENTS! A SECOND FOLLOWS CLOSE BEHIND. IT FIRES AT THEM - A MASSIVE BLAST SENDS REY AND FINN FLYING - BB-8 ROLLING!

"Man those guns are powerful." Anakin observes. Master Koon nods. "indeed Skywalker."

WIDE SHOT: TWO TIE FIGHTERS SCREAM OVER the town, the EXPLOSION throws sand and debris fifty feet into the air. Rey is thrown HARD to the ground - she is rattled, truly afraid. Then she turns: FINN lies nearby, unconscious. Suddenly afraid, she scrambles to him, rolls him over. BB-8 ROLLS OVER, BEEPING in concern.

The Jedi watch the screen, worried for Finn's health. They may only know him through a screen, but he seems like a guy who only wants to do the right thing, which they respect.

REY: Hey!

As Finn comes to, he sees her. Through his fog:

FINN: Are you okay?

Ahsoka rolls her eyes. "And he's the one asking her that after getting blown up."

Anakin shrugs. "Well he seems pretty committed."

And that very question touches her - having never in her life been asked it.

REY: Yeah. (extends her hand) Follow me.

Grateful, Finn takes it. They're off. LOCALS run amok as TIE fighters DIVE BOMB. REY, Finn and BB- 8 SPRINT, BLASTER EXPLOSIONS GET CLOSER AND CLOSER!

"The only way they're escaping those fighters is with a ship." Master Ti says worriedly.

"Doesn't look like there are many choices at all in that junk hole." Anakin says with distaste.

EXT. NIIMA OUTPOST - SPACEPORT - DAY

Rey, STAFF strapped to her back, leads the way as she, Finn and BB-8 race into the spaceport. Finn glances back: TWO TIE FIGHTERS BANK their return. They YELL:

FINN: We can't outrun them!

Rey POINTS to a parked, four-engine SHIP ahead:

REY: We might in that quad-jumper!

"That one seems pretty nice." Obi-Wan points out. Anakin nods in agreement.

FINN: We need a pilot!

REY: We've got one!

FINN: You?! (then, indicates one OFF-CAMERA) What about that ship?

REY: That one's garbage!

They run for the JUMPER but the passing TIE FIGHTERS FIRE AT IT, BLOWING IT APART IN A HUGE FLAME BALL! Rey, coming to a quick stop, RIGHT UP TO CAMERA:

"Well, so much for that idea!" Anakin says.

REY (CONT'D): The garbage'll do!

She turns and runs back - Finn and BB-8 follow as they all run toward the piece of junk - and we see it for the first time: THE MILLENNIUM FALCON!

"What a piece of junk!" Anakin exclaims. (like father like son)

"You fly a bucket of bolts that you named the Twilight Anakin." Obi-Wan points out.