Chapter 2: Anguish

-Summer, August 9th, 2004-

It was another gorgeous and hot summer. It was a regular day for Shu as he just attended Kendo practice per usual.

-Kendo Dojo-

Kendo Student: Shu! You wanna come with us to the mall?

Shu: Nah. I have nothing to buy there.

Kendo Student#2: If you say so.

Shu: I should get home. The weather channel said it'd be thunder storming for the next few days.

While walking down the semi-empty streets, water started to fall from the sky rapidly and heavily.

Shu: Unlucky...

-Graveyard-

Shu: This graveyard again...

Familiar Voice: Sonny boy. What're you doing out here in this heavy rain?

Shu: Ah. Old man. I was heading home, the rain caught me off guard.

Old Man: I see.

Shu: So, were you being serious about all of that stuff the other day?

Old Man: Of course I was. I would gain nothing out of lying, sonny boy.

Shu: Do you know where to obtain one of those weapons?

Old Man: Not anymore. This cane here was a gift from my old man.

Shu: Hmph.

Old Man: I don't suggest you get one though.

Shu: Why not?

Old Man: You need a strong mental fortitude. The spirit residing inside of weapons want an owner who can be reliable and dependable. Having one just to have it can be allowed by some but a good amount will take over a carefree mind.

Shu: I see...

Old Man: You should head home. A young boy like you could catch a cold from such heavy rain.

Shu: Hmph. See you later, Old Man.

-Akuto Residence-

Shu: This rain is too much. I'm all for rainy days but this is unlike any other...

Suzuka: Brother! What're we having for dinner tonight?

Shu: I'll make a steak dinner.

Suzuka: Hey bro, what does that say?

Shu: Hm? The sheath?

Suzuka: Yeah.

Shu: Masamune. It was one of dad's weapons.

Suzuka: Hm.

Shu: Hey, the rain...

Suzuka: Huh?

Shu: *Thoughts* The rain...it's soothing...so much that I could fall asleep.....

-???-

Shu: Huh...? Where am I?

???: Just your dream.

Shu: Huh?

Looking around, it was a blue and black area. It looked quiet and peaceful. There were two chairs, one that Shu himself was sitting in and another a few feet away, with someone sitting in it.

???: I said it's a dream.

Shu: This is what I'm dreaming?

???: I guess so. You haven't had a true rest in nearly eight years although this wouldn't count as a real good night's rest anyway.