I heard her mutter something but I couldn't hear what she said.

Then I heard her clear her throat and let out a deep breath.

"Your step-father lost the election last night. He's become delirious. We don't know what to do" she calmly stated.

So after everything they put me through, they want my help now.

"Lena? Are you there?"

"Yes, yes I'm here," I said, adding milk to the frother. "I don't really know what to do in this situation. He's never lost before."

"Well then come over right now so we can figure this out!" she demanded harshly.

"Mom, I have work today. I can't just come over when I want-"

"I SAID NOW LENA. I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR ARGUING."

There was something off about my mothers tone.

She didn't shout like this, usually her tone was more tame.

Something actually must be wrong.

"Okay. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Okay but hurry."

We both hung up and I quickly made a latte and got dressed.

I took off my dress from yesterday and changed into a grey sweatshirt and black jeans. I combed my hair and put it into a ponytail and put on sunscreen. Grabbing my light black trench coat and purse, I ran out of the condo and ordered a taxi in the elevator.

With London traffic, I got to the Kensington mansion in 20 minutes. On the way, I let my boss Luis Knight know I had a family emergency and wouldn't be able to go in.

I tipped the driver and got out and walked to the front door.

I unlocked the door with the only key I had and walked into the foyer to find the paintings by the stairs smashed into pieces on the floor.

"THAT BASTARD," I hear someone yell from my step-fathers office.

The sound of a vase being smashed to the floor made me jump back.

"IF I EVER SEE ANYONE FROM THAT FAMILY, I WILL KILL THEM!" another shout came.

Kill them?

What on earth is going on?

"Oh thank god Lena, you're here," my mother said, rushing to me from the direction of the kitchen. "Come talk to your father."

"What? Me?" I asked confused as she grabbed my hand and started walking me to his office. "What am I supposed to say??"

"Just calm him down. He'll listen to you," she replied earnestly.

She knocked the door gently and shoved me inside.

My step-fathers office was a mess. It looked like someone had tried to rob the room. Books were scattered all over the room, papers were laying around the desk, and the chairs had been flipped upside down.

"What the hell do you want Ellen! I told you to stay out!" he yelled with his back facing us.

"Sweetie, Lena is here. She missed you and wanted to see you," my mother said calmly in a fake sweet voice.

Was she really throwing me under the bus like this?

He turned around, fixed the chair that was by his desk, and took a seat.

"Lena, welcome. I'm afraid you've come at a bad time."

Yeah no kidding.

"I can come back later," I said but my mom pinched my arm and sent me a glare.

Unexpected Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें