Chapter Twenty: Let's Show Her

I woke up a good twenty minutes before Shaina. She laid snuggled into my chest wearing my t-shirt, which she had slipped on before we fell asleep.

Before long, Shaina began to stir. I heard her sigh softly. "Good morning, Sweet Pea." I cooed kissing her head.

She sighed and placed a gentle kiss on my chest. I closed my eyes; I could feel her smiling. "Good morning." she replied looking up at me with a tired face.

I looked at her and couldn't help but smile. Sure, her hair was a tangled mess and she had no makeup on but she was still the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen.

"Does your stomach hurt?" I asked running my hand gently over her scar.

She shook her head no. "It's fine." I scanned her face for any sign of pain to be sure she was telling me the truth. I must've looked worried because she repeated herself. "I'm fine, Matthew." Shaina leaned up and left a long kiss on my lips.

"We need to get ready for school." I murmured to her kissing her nose.

She groaned and wrapped her arms around me tightly. "Do we have to?" she mumbled almost incoherently into my chest.

I chuckled and held her to my chest as I sat up among the mess of blankets. She curled into my lap. "Yes, Sweet Pea. We have to go to school. You're going to be fine," I assured her, "because I'm going to be by your side. You won't go through this alone. I've gone through too much alone and I'm not letting that happen to you."

She grinned at me. "Let's show them what we're made of."

Shaina crawled off the bed and looked down at herself. She smiled and moved to take of my t-shirt and give it back to me.

I stood up from the bed and rested my hand on her arm. "Keep it." I told her grinning. "It looks better on you anyway."

I grabbed my jeans from the floor and yanked them on and zipped up my jacket. "I'm gonna go home and change. I'll be back in a few minutes." I took her hands in mine and kissed her cheek.

"Please be careful." she told me quietly. I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Oh, don't worry about me, baby." I assured her. I walked back towards her window holding onto her hand until the last second. "I'll be back before you know it." And with that I climbed down to the grass and hurried to my back door.

I pushed the door open quietly to reveal a dark house. Peaking into the living room, my dad wasn't on the couch where I would've expected to find him.

I crept through the house but never ran into my dad. He must've gone out to drink last night.

I pulled on a change of clothes quickly, grabbed my bag, and hurried back across the lawn.

As I climbed up to Shaina's window, I could here Shaina talking to someone. "Oh my god, Chad. Way to be blunt." she giggled sounding embarrassed. "But, it was the best thing." I slipped quietly through the window. "He was absolutely amazing. God Chad."

I stifled my laughter as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my chest. She yelped. "Talking about how good I am in bed?" I whispered kissing her neck. Shaina blushed crimson, embarrassed.

She snapped out of it and mumbled into the phone, "I'm fine. Matthew scared me that's all." She listened and then turned around and handed her phone to me, "It's for you."

I frowned confused and took the phone from her. "Yes?"

"Matthew? Hi, it's Chad. I just wanted to tell you, if you hurt Shaina physically, emotionally, mentally, whatever, I will hit you so hard in your family jewels," My face flushed, "you will have no hope of ever feeling pleasure or having kids. Ever. You got me?"

I cleared my throat. "Uh, got it." I handed the phone back to Shaina and plopped down on her bed.

"What'd you do to my boyfriend?" Shaina demanded laughing into the phone. I could hear Chad's garbled response. "Well, I'll see you at school." she responded and hung up.

Shaina came over and rubbed my back soothingly. I wrapped my arms behind her knees and pulled her to me so she was standing between my legs.

"What'd Chad say to you?" Shaina asked me laughing.

I chuckled. "He told me if I hurt you in any way he'd kick me so hard, I won't be able to have kids."

Shaina buried her head in her hands embarrassed. "Oh my god." she mumbled.

I pulled her hands gently from her face. "It's okay, Sweet Pea. I think it's great you have a best friend that's that protective of you. Come on. We have to get to school."

Shaina nodded. I took her hand and led her out to my truck. The drive to school was silent, not an awkward silent but a comfortable silent.

Today was the first day Shaina and I would be seen as a couple. I pulled into a parking space and turned off the truck. "You ready for this?" I asked turning to her.

"I'm glad I have you." she responded smiling at me.

She sounded so nervous. I cupped her cheek and presses my lips to hers. God, did I love her. "Let's do this."

Shaina nodded and climbed down form my truck. I went around to her and immediately wrapped my arms around her shoulders. Everyone in the parking lot watched us gawking. I tightened my hold on Shaina and grinned.

As soon as we walked in the door, I heard the annoyingly high pitched voice before I saw the b****, "Yeah, Matthew and I are so close, we're practically dating."

I snorted as Shaina and I rounded the corner to find Alice at her locker surround my her groupies.

"Hey, let's send her a little message." Shaina whispered in my ear.

I glanced at Alice to find her trying to look sexy by twirling her hair around her finger and pouting. It was pathetic.

I grinned at Shaina, "Let's." I pulled her to me hard and crashed my lips to hers. She wound her arms around my neck and leaned her head to deepen the kiss. I could hear students whistling and telling us to get a room. But I specifically heard a high pitched, squeaky, gasp that could only belong to Alice. Shaina grinned against my lips.

"Think that showed her?" I asked reluctantly pulling away.

Shaina looked over at Alice. I followed her gaze. Alice looked so angry I half expected steam to pour out of her ears.

"Oh yeah." Shaina responded laughing. "And you know what? I'm feeling quite confident." I watched her confused S she turned away from me and towards Alice's direction. "Hey, Alice! Back off, B****! He's all mine." Shaina called to her laughing.

I could not have been more proud of Shaina for standing up for herself. "Way to take care of her, baby!" I laughed pulling her into me. "I proud of you." I murmured kissing her.