23, amelia jade whitlock

Start from the beginning

This window was a bit higher than the others and she needed to stand on her tiptoes to see in. The sight of John B brought a sigh of relief to her lips.

"Melly?" Big John whispered and she nodded, her hands trying to work at the window.

"it's stuck" She got out in a hushed tone, trying to pry the window. She stuck her hands through the holes in the window, pulling and pushing at it.

John B moved from the window before coming back, a letter opener in his hands. AJ kept her hold on the window as he slid it by the latch. AJ could feel the window budge beneath her hands and she smiled.

John B pulled the screen in and AJ took a look down both sides of the alley, nodding to the boys. "coast is clear" She let out, taking a step back so John B could climb out.

"We gotta go," Big John said, following behind his son.

John B's fall was softened by the cardboard boxes beneath AJ and him, and both teenagers helped the older man after. Helping break his fall.

"We gotcha I gotcha" John B assured the man.

"Help me out, help your old man. Come on" As the two helped him up he looked between them.

"Wheres the piece?"

"I thought you had it" John B argued.

"No!"

"Then it's still on the stool" John B sighed and AJ pushed past the boys to get to the window.

"is it close?" She asked as she hoisted herself up. The girl taking a quick look around the room.

"yeah, it should be right by the window" She could feel John B hold onto her legs as she pushed herself further in.

"I can't reach" AJ got out as she tried to stretch further. The cloth-wrapped object just out of reach of her fingertips.

"Okay, okay, how about this" John B had to hold onto her weight as she dangled through the window.

"Okay, I got it" She announced in a whisper. "pull me out"

"Okay"

"pull me out faster, I can hear someone" She got out through whisper yells. John B listened and pulled her back, a bit too harsh though and she hit the wall on the inside of the building.

Her face paled and she pushed herself the rest of the way out. "we gotta go, come on" She got out right before she could hear the ATVs at the other end of the alley.

"shit shit shit, we gotta go" Shots were being fired and AJ passed the clothed object, not knowing what it was or its importance, to her uncle before following after John B, running as fast as she could.

"go, go" AJ got out as she slid under the ropes blocking the marina. Her feet pounding against the wooden dock. John B was the first on the boat and AJ was at his side in seconds, the pair untying the boat as Big John started the boat.

"You got it guys! Let's vamanos" Big John cheered as they pulled away. AJ looked back, the men stopping as the boat got further away. Her heart was racing and she tipped her head back.

Big John was laughing and John B was staring behind the boat as he stayed by AJ's side. The two teenage cousins catching their breaths and trying not to let their minds reel.

"I wonder where the others are now," AJ said as she looked up to the stars, her mind wandering somewhere else. The last six weeks playing on her mind. Pope invading every thought she changed to.

"come on, we've got some things to catch up on" Big John let out from the front of the boat, urging the pair to follow him into the cabin. AJ and John B shared a look before going after him.