Chapter 7- My Person

Start from the beginning

"Sarah, you can convince her, can't you? If you don't I'll gladly tell Dad that yesterday you were drinking vodka at that party." Rafe answered matching Sarah's tone. Sarah sighed and turned to me:

"Please Lil, just this once" she begged me. I played the part and reluctantly agreed.

We got in the car and Rafe sat in the passenger seat. I was driving and Sarah was in the backseat. We went to pick up Kiara and she walked over to us with a doubtful look. She went in the car and sat next to Sarah, she opened her mouth to speak but I immediately interrupted her: "Don't even ask," she nodded and complimented me and Sarah and we did the same to her.

I could feel Rafe's eyes on me the whole ride and I blushed at that feeling. I was sitting down so my dress barely covered my legs, it was definitely a standing dress if you know what I mean.

The whole ride me and the girls just talked ignoring Rafe's presence but Rafe was the only thing I was thinking about. He looked really good today, he was wearing beige shorts and a white button-up. He looked really handsome and I craved more of his touch.

Right as that thought entered my mind he put his hand on my thigh, the girls were taking pictures of the sunset from their windows so he took the chance. He started drawing circles on my thigh and I looked at him and smiled, he mouthed 'You look beautiful' and I immediately blushed.

Who was this man? He wasn't the same Rafe that he was with other girls, I have never heard a compliment like that come out of his mouth, yet it did to me.

Sarah and Kie stopped taking pictures and he took his hand off my leg, I was immediately wanting him to put it back on but he obviously couldn't.

How was he driving me so crazy? Just a day ago I hated him and now here I was. Is it possible to catch feelings for a person so quickly? I don't think so, I think that a part of me has always liked Rafe and that's why, without realizing it I pushed him away for so long.

We arrived at the party after a few minutes, we walked in and Topper immediately came to me. "Lil, can I talk to you?" He asked me, Rafe overheard and looked at me with a questioning look. His jaw was slightly clenched when Topper complimented how I looked and I looked at him with a look that was communicating 'Don't do anything stupid'.

"Yeah, of course, let's go somewhere quiet," I told him and he nodded. We went to an empty room and he immediately started talking

"Lil, I'm so sorry, I didn't want to... you know,"

"Slut shame me?" I interrupted him.

"Yeah, that I'm sorry Lil I really didn't mean to. I'm just protective of you and even though nothing is going on I want to make sure that you know that Rafe wouldn't be good for you, just please keep that in mind."

"Top I know that you are doing this for my good and once again me and Rafe aren't anything but whom I hang out with doesn't concern you. Let's just go back to how things were and only be concerned about our own friendship okay?" I told him and he gave me an understanding nod.

I walked out and tried to find Sarah or Kie to dance. After walking around for a long time an arm touched me and pulled me back. I turned around to see who it was and my eyes met Rafe's ocean-blue ones.

He tilted his head pointing at a bathroom and I nodded and subtly followed him into the bathroom.

"So here we are again huh?" I said sarcastically as twenty-four hours ago we were in another bathroom together.

"You look beautiful," he said as he looked into my eyes then at my dress, and back to my eyes. "Thank you," I answered blushing. He seemed weirdly off, he usually had a bolder personality and he wasn't being his normal self.

"Rafe? What's wrong?" I asked and he could hear in my voice that I was concerned.

"No, it's nothing" He answered subtly.

"Rafe, talk to me. I'm here and I won't be leaving anytime soon." I said and I could see the emotions that he had been hiding rise up in his face.

"It's just my dad, not a big deal." he murmured, brushing his feelings off.

"Rafe, it isn't nothing. Please let me in. I won't leave" I said demanding for him to understand that he could talk to me.

"It's just that... I'm such a disappointment to my father. I'm constantly screwing everything up. And he well- he takes every chance that he has to let me know that. And I also can't stop with these drugs, they're the only thing I can count on and I'm- I'm addicted." He said with a sob coming down his throat that he pushed back down.

"Rafe. Please listen to what I'm about to say." I told him and he nodded.

"You are not a disappointment, you're human and you make mistakes. Everyone does, I do, Sarah does, Topper does. We all do. Your dad doesn't pick who is a failure in life, he's just another human. Like you, like me. I think that you believe that if your father will be proud of you all your problems will be solved, and you will be happy. But you can't wait around for him to be satisfied with you, sometimes you have to provide yourself happiness. And well you're mistaken about the drugs too, there's someone who you can always count on, she's in this room talking to you right now. Please believe me when I tell you that she will do anything to prove that you can always count on her. In my eyes, you are a smart, handsome man who is going through a tough period. And I want to be the person helping you through it. But Rafe I need you to know that you aren't a failure." I saw him process each of my words.

When I finished he said: "So you think I'm handsome huh?"

"Yeah" I chuckled.

He pulled me in a soft kiss, and we pulled away after a while.

"Hugs?" I asked him and he chuckled and nodded. He gave me a long hug, I dug my head into his chest and we held onto each other for what must have been minutes. He was my person and I was his, tonight made that crystal clear for me. 

Notes From Author: 

Hey!! I really hope you guys are liking the story, please let me know how you feel about it by commenting! (If you feel like it obviously). 

Please vote, that would help me out so much and I would truly appreciate it! 

Love You! X