♡︎ special chapter # haruki

Beginne am Anfang

And there it was, the scent that you anticipated. The scent that was coming from him heightened your hunger even more. There was an eerie silence that lingered around the air that the two of you shared and by now, you could pick up his exhaling of breath when you took a step.

And another.

Another.

Another one.

The last — until you took a grasp of his wrist, conveniently enough that when you did so on your left was a back alley — so you took that time to pin his body against the wall, ignoring his pained yelp, easily having both of his wrist on top of his head with your dominant hand. His scent was alluring enough to have your head on the side of his neck in just a second, running your lips against the soft surface of his milky skin.

" H-hey! Wait! What are you—angh! "Something about his scent brought you to sniff more of him. Even when you weren't still digging your fangs on his skin, you could already feel yourself get intoxicated. This was new, a small part of your mind could only think. Never in your whole years of existence as an immortal have ever brought you to feel this intoxicated with a human. You guessed that he was just a tad bit different from them, you couldn't really bring yourself to be in the right mind to think more of this. Taste his blood. Devour him. Was what the monster inside of you was thinking and you let yourself indulge that thought.

He squirmed in your hold, the moment that you dug your sharp teeth on his skin. You stared at the wall in front of you with dilated pupils as you drank more of his sweet blood. Never have you had ever tasted something so very succulent, that it made you feel so blood-drunk. You could hear him whimper under your hold.

He should've been the one to have his knees buckle up with weakness and fall unconscious.

Not you.

You found yourself lying on top of something squishy and comfortable after that night, the memory of it all so clear. Only then you realized that you were inside a house, not yours since you didn't have one and you heard footsteps coming your way. This human had just really brought you to his room, what a foolish move. But then again, a kind one, in your circumstance as a vampire.

You learned on that day that he took you home, that Nakayama Haruki was a kind human. Too kind for his own good.

Why?

First of all, he took you to his home. The vampire that could have taken his life on that night and didn't kill you. A reasonable human would have you dead the next second that they knew that the vampire that drank their blood fainted. But apparently, he wasn't one which was a miracle for you.

Second and lastly, he treated you…as if you were a human. Which was odd, knowing that he knew you were a vampire. He offered you food and even though you didn't feed off of these human foods, you couldn't resist the look on his face! He helped you take a bath when he said that you needed one and you came out from the bathroom like a fresh vampire ready to devour another human's neck ( you hoped that they would taste the same as him) as the night time hit. You told him how grateful you were and nodded, thankful for his hospitable acts.  

But then a hand clutching your wrist stopped you from holding the door. He had a somewhat embarrassed look on his face and you find that oddly adorable with the way that he turned his face on the side and muttered words that brought your eyes to widen in mischief.

He was asking you to stay and who were you to not accept?

That's where it led you to an unnatural life with a human. He lets you feed from him and in return, you help him with his chores. Funny, isn't it? How a vampire just wipes the table and they get blood for their satisfaction in return? You weren't complaining though, you didn't know that having this kind of turn from your boring days brought you to this. And it seemed like he was getting some sort of satisfaction too, not just from the things that you do in his home but also to him. He gave you enough privilege to drink from his body, you stopped feeding from his neck though — not wanting his humane body to go to waste of being another one like you. His wrist was the usual and you were more than careful not to trigger a nerve that'd cause his death. There were other times that he'd just give you a pouch of blood when he was tired and those times were more frequent from the last three weeks.