╰── 𝟏 | 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE SO-CALLED SPIRIT OF THE BIRCH TREE has instructed its young daughter to go up the mountains for a small assignment, and Muichiro couldn't help but look at the child his age with awe.

Her face shone as radiant as the sun, and he found himself staring a bit too long into her (e/c) colored eyes.

The girl inherited her mother's look, that's for sure. She was the epitome of beauty, something not even his brother Yuichiro could probably deny.

"My name is (Y/n) Ubuyashiki. It's nice to finally meet you, Tokito-san." The (h/c) head stepped forward with a smile, showing him a small leaf-wrapped dessert sitting on top of her palms.

"Would you like to have some Sakura Mochi with me?"

───

Muichiro welcomed the new girl into his home, quietly sighing in relief once he realized that his brother still wasn't done gathering firewood.

He knew how bad his brother's temper could get, so it was probably best that the young Ubuyashiki and his twin don't meet.

"I heard what happened the last time my mother went here." (Y/n) was the first to speak up between the two, taking a quick sip from the green tea Muichiro had kindly poured for her.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." He apologized on behalf of Yuichiro, remembering how he had pushed Lady Amane away with his harsh words.

"Don't apologize. It's only natural for a grieving child to act this way." She replied.

Muichiro found the way she spoke weird and cool at the same time, but he chose not to tell her that, not wanting to seem offensive.

The two stayed silent for the umpteenth time today, mentally killing the boy inside because of the obvious awkwardness in the atmosphere.

(Y/n) however, didn't seem to mind the silence at all. Continuing to take small bites of the dessert she had brought.

"Try your best to befriend the twins, (Y/n). It'll be hard at first, but the three of you will eventually warm up to each other."

(Y/n) recalled the words of her mother. She opened her mouth to speak and ask him a question, pausing once she realized that she didn't even know which one of the twins the boy in front of her was.

"Tokito-san..." The sudden slamming of a door cut her off, and the two turned their heads to see what the noise was about.

Muichiro froze upon seeing the familiar face of his brother, already knowing that trouble was brewing.

"Who the heck are you?" Yuichiro asked in surprise, not bothering to hide the annoyance in his tone.

"She's Lady Amane's daughter!" Muichiro quickly stood up in front of the girl who continued to quietly chew on her food, making sure that his brother couldn't see her clearly.

"I am the eldest daughter of the Ubuyashiki family, (Y/n). I apologize for coming here unannounced." She stood up and showed herself, bowing apologetically.

"It's almost nighttime. If there's nothing else you need, then I'll be off." She turned to look back at Muichiro, raising her hand to wave him goodbye.

"I hope that we'll be able to talk properly next time." She told Yuichiro who surprisingly stayed quiet, letting her leave the house without saying another word.

It wasn't long before someone shouted her name, making the girl turn around in wonder.

"Thank you for coming today, (Y/n)! My name is Muichiro, it's nice to meet you!" He shouted from afar, a wide smile forming on his lips after.

(Y/n) nodded, turning around to continue walking. Her usual straight face was nowhere to be seen, a genuine smile unknowingly forming on her lips.

Well, today wasn't so bad now? Was it?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

▶ (Y/n) loves food, especially sweets

▶ Amane felt bad for (Y/n) because she didn't have much of a childhood, so she told her to befriend the Tokito twins to experience having friends and going outside to have a little fun.
▶ Like the other Ubuyashiki kids, she keeps a straight face most of the time.