[p.2] VII. why do you care?

Start from the beginning

This wasn't any place that you'd like to let out your frustration out as much as you wanted to do so. You passed out on the pavement with two second years you barely know and now they brought you in the place. You thought that you could very much avoid it when you knew that your stop was before them. But seeing the state your body was in, you found yourself here. However, the last thing that you wanted to do was to faint again right now. Whatever reason your body declined you a while ago ( what even the time is now? ), you couldn't really ponder about it at the moment, you were still processing it.

If your brain was an old computer, it would have been broken by now and short circuited with the many events that you were still trying to process to and now this has just added up on the queue.

" Haruki-san? " You knew that was Mafuyu even before you craned your head to the door. His voice has lingered in your mind already, there was something about it that stood out. He sauntered to where both of you and Haruki stood, he had a small concerned look on his face.

" Fujita-senpai, do you feel fine...now? " Hesitancy laced in his voice as he questioned you, his eyes not leaving yours, but yours did. Eye contact was never your best friend.

" Yeah, " Your eyes drifted to the floor and caught sight with your school bag on the other the side of the post that you slept (uncomfortably) onto. You tried to quirk a small smile to Mafuyu and the older man beside him, one that meant as a thank you. You took your bag from the floor and shortly bowed to them in appreciation, the smile that you gave them seconds ago also meant of bidding goodbye. You couldn't take being at this place any longer, you were ready to head home. You wanted to go home.

You'll message the club manager later and tell her that you had some other things to do related with school, you're sure that she'll let you off this time (she has a soft spot for you and you know this).

" Thank you. " Clutching the strap of your bag as you slung it under your shoulder, you were about to head towards the door, halfway through the room - but with the repeating sound of the entrance opening and the man that you expected least to see stood there with a calm look on his face.

" You're awake...how are you? " You kept the urge off your face from grimacing by the third time the question has been asked. It wasn't like you were in a coma for ten years and suddenly woke up in your hospital bed. As much as it was horrible to find out that you fainted on the side of the road (mind you that it was the first time that you did), you didn't want to get questioned like this. Especially with people that you weren't acquainted with. Three of them were, one you knew enough for that to be considered as someone close but you didn't.

The awkwardness in the air that lingered shivered your skin in a very uncomfortable way. Yes, you'd be forever grateful that they were kind enough to take you here rather than leaving you unconscious in the streets. Definitely you owe them one - but then, here it was again, you don't know them and you didn't want to be in this place more than they were trying to keep you. You paced towards the door and took a hold of the door knob, Akihiko stood beside you in return - you didn't notice the look that he shared with the only other college student in the room. You paused as Uenoyoma was in front of you when you opened the door wide, warm air greeting you that was way different from the room. His blue eyes stared right back at you with sort of concern, you didn't bother looking at him any longer as you let yourself exit the door, resulting in him to back up a little with his feet.

" I'll be heading off, thank you for your worries. "

" Wait, " Your still-cold hand was held with one that was the complete opposite - Warm yet callused in contact with your soft ones. It was a weird sensation with the way that he gripped it tightly.