before surgery (requested)

"Here, baby. Let's get you changed into this." Ashton said as he grabbed the hospital gown off of the bed beside you.

You just arrived at the hospital a few minutes ago and you're feeling incredibly nervous.

Today, you're having your gallbladder removed, and to say that you're nervous is a huge understatement.

Ashton has tagged along with you, taking the day off of all activities so he could focus solely on you.

He's also taken the next few days away, so he can be with you and take care of you while you heal and recover.

And you couldn't be more thankful.

He helped you take off your pants and then your shirt before he pulled the gown over your head.

You stood up and let him straighten it out before you sat back down on the bed.

He scooted the chair closer to your bed before taking your hand into his.

"Are you okay?" He asked and you shook your head.

"I'm so nervous." You said as he brushed his thumb across your knuckles in comfort. "What if something goes wrong?"

"Baby, it's not a huge surgery. Nothing's going to go wrong." He said as he squeezed your hand. "You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Everything will go smoothly and you'll be out in no time."

You nodded as you took a deep breath.

The surgery isn't anything huge and it doesn't take that long to do, so Ashton can't think of a thing that could possibly go wrong.

But, nonetheless, he can understand that you're nervous.

Surgery, no matter what kind, can be scary.

So he gets why you're feeling so nervous.

"Hey," He whispered softly, catching your attention.

You looked at him, right into his soft eyes, and he sent you a sweet smile before bringing your hand to his lips for a kiss.

"Just think, when it's over, I'll be right here."

"You'll wait for me?"

"The whole time." He promised. "I won't be going anywhere. I'll be right here, waiting for you."

"You're not nervous?"

"Not really, no." He said as he kissed your hand softly. "Because I know you're in safe hands. I know you're going to be just fine. In fact, you're going to feel much better afterward."

You nodded, knowing that he was right.

"You're going to be just fine. I promise you, baby." He said before he leaned in and pressed his soft lips against your forehead.

There was a knock on the door and a nurse stepped inside, informing you that they'd be taking you down to prepare you for surgery.

Ashton made sure to continue to hold your hand even as they wheeled you out of the room and down the hall to the elevator.

You reached the floor your surgery would be held on just a couple of moments later and Ashton helped you out of the wheelchair and into the bed.

"I'm kinda cold." You spoke and he grabbed the blanket from the edge of the bed and brought it up to your shoulders, tucking you in.

"Better, my love?" He asked as he ran his fingers through your hair.

"Yeah. Thank you."

You reached for his hand again and he happily took it back into his own and held it tightly as the surgery crept closer and closer every second that went by.

He tried to take your mind off of things by cracking jokes and saying sweet, comforting words.

He was, as always, the most amazing and comforting boyfriend you could ever ask for.

And when they came in and told you they'd be wheeling you into the operation room for surgery, you looked more nervous than ever.

"Can he come with me?" You asked.

"Until you're asleep." A nurse replied.

So Ashton followed you down the hall and into the operating room.

And as they prepared everything and got ready to give you the anesthesia, he knelt down by you and kissed your forehead lingeringly and lovingly.

"Everything will be okay, baby. I promise. As soon as you open those pretty eyes of yours again, I'll be there. My face will be the first one you see, sweet girl, I promise."

He kissed your forehead once more as they put you under and only once you were out did he let your hand go and leave the room, knowing that it wouldn't be long until you were okay and felt better again.