🔥 Prologue 🔥

Bùrdì and Síddèr, husband and wife, have traveled via boat from the Kol Islands towards Element City. The couple, with only two suitcases and a lantern holding the Blue Flame from their homeland, set out to begin an exciting new chapter in the big city together.

Although, their lives would be also shared alongside their future child, who's yet to arrive to the world.

Bùrdì tenderly rubbed his fiery hand on Síddèr's pregnat belly as they took in the monumental view they had of the city that awaited them. They could admire the hot-air balloons that soared through the amazing skyscrapers between the many highways powered by water.

Once their boat docked, the Fire couple grabbed the Blue Flame lantern and their suitcases before disembarking and heading towards Immigration Hall.

There, Bùrdì and Síddèr awaited their turn to be admitted into the city. One couldn't help but notice the art displayed on the walls that depicted how every element was accepted into the city throughout its vast history.

Every element, except Fire.

Once their turn came up, Bùrdì and Síddèr approached the counter guarded by an Earth immigration official who didn't bother looking up while addressing the Fire couple.

“Name?” the official said while preparing his pen.

Bùrdì answered excitedly.

“Útrí dàr ì Bùrdì!” he said.

“Fâsh ì Síddèr!” added his partner.

The immigration officer confusedly looked at them. He reached for his ink pad as he observed the Fire couple before speaking up with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

“How do we spell that?” he asked.

Bùrdì proceeded to spell both their names, although it all just sounded like fire crackling to the officer.

“You know what?” the officer smiled.

“Let's just go with... Bernie and Cinder!”

The Earth official stamped the tip of his wooden nose with the ink pad before doing it again onto an immigration document. He hands the paper to Bùrdì who carefully holds it by the edges.

“Welcome to Element City!” the official stated.

The couple excitedly headed and stepped through the giant doors of the building that opened up to the streets of Element City.

The loving couple, now known as Bernie and Cinder, stared in amazement at their surroundings. They've never seen so many elements living alongside each other in one place, and they were too focused and overwhelmed by the elegant skyscrapers, the many ways Air and Water citizens were mobilizing through the streets, and how the Earth people refreshed themselves on nearby tables to notice the Air person Bernie just walked through.

“Hey, watch it, Sparky!” the Air person said angrily.

Bernie and Cinder gave him an apologetic look before focusing on the train track that splashed water down on the streets. They hesitantly headed up the staircase to the train platform.

After surveying a pictorial map displayed, the couple boarded the train towards a zone of the city that, Bernie knew, would have rooms they could rent.

The train ride wasn't as smooth as the couple intended. They didn't find a seat and so Cinder had to use her suitcase as one while Bernie stood at her side. When their train cart swayed, a Water person let his water splash on top of Cinder, and it evaporates half of her head. Bernie quickly gave her some firewood to chew on so her flame could burn back up again.

The worried husband placed a hand on his wifes' stomach as he glared up and grumbled at the Water person.

“Hmm... Water...”

Once they arrived at their destination, Bernie and Cinder didn't waste any time and begun to explore the area to find their new home. Sadly, no matter how many doors they knocked on, or how many landlords they tried to meet, Bernie and Cinder were immediately rejected from all of them.

A disheartened Bernie led his wife to a desolate area of the city where she could rest her pregnant form on a bench for a while. Finding a home proved to be harder than he thought.

But, just as Bernie started to worry for his wife and unborn child, he saw it.

A 'FOR SALE' sign was posted outside an old and crumbling building close to a drained canal. Bernie encouraged his wife to follow him inside.

Even if Cinder wasn't convinced by the water pipes leaking from in the ceiling, the many doors and windows missing, and Bernie falling through the floor as soon as he entered the building, she trusted her husbands' will to create his dream shop and fix up the place alongside her to create an appropriate home for their family.

And soon, they were able to welcome their baby to the world in a new home.

As Cinder cradled the fire baby in her arms, Bernie reached inside their lantern, held a bit of the Blue Flame in his hands, and poured it over the baby's head which caused them to sneeze.

Bernie laughed as he took the tiny infant in his hands, and touched his forehead with his before whispering tenderly to his newly born son.

“Welcome, our Kindle... To your new life.”

”