Gwen Stacy

"Let's do things differently, this time. So differently."

Gwen slams her drumsticks against her drum kit.

"His name is Miles Morales. He was bitten by a radioactive spider, and he's not the only one.

He hasn't always had it easy.

And he's not the only one.

And now he's on his own. And he's not the only one.

You think you know the rest. You don't.

I thought I knew the rest, but...I didn't."

She becomes more harsh as she slams the drumsticks down. Images of Miles and her, her dad, Miles' dad, the spider that bit Miles and other people appear in her head as she continues, lost in her emotions.

"I didn't wanna hurt him. But I did.
And he's not the only one."

"Hey!"

"Stealth Leopard!"

The rest of her bandmates stare at Gwen as she continues to do her own thing.

"Gwen!"

Chelsea, NY, Earth-65
(Spider-Gwen's world)

She finally stopped, placing her hands over the cymbals to quiet them. She looks up at the other members of 'The Mary-Janes'.

"Is the song over? Seems over" Gwen said.

"Are you okay?" One of the girls asked.

"Dude, you don't hang out and you don't wanna talk..." the guitarist said.

"I didn't join a band so I could talk about my feelings!" Gwen replied.

"Well, I did" The girl with the beanie commented but Gwen ignores her.

"I joined it so I could hit my feelings with sticks!" Gwen continued, she hit the drum again to prove her point.

"Yo, if you don't tell someone what's going on..." The guitarist said, stopping the cymbal from making any more noise.
"you're gonna snap"

"I'm fine" Gwen said, irritated.

"That's not how someone who's 'fine' would say that" The singer replied.

"You'd say, 'I'm great, thanks! How are you?'" The guitarist said.

Gwen got up, knocking over some of her stuff in the process. But she didn't care in that moment. She just needed to get out of there. "I'm great, thanks!" She repeated in a sarcastic enthusiasm. She grabbed her coat, leaving the three girls behind. "How are you?" She grumbled.

"Fine...?" One of the girls answered.

"Gwen, come on." The guitarist called out to her as she continued to walk away.

"I don't get you, man" The singer huffed.

"You're right!" Gwen replied.

"I play drums" Beanie girl raised her hand awkwardly.

Gwen shoved the community hall door open and left.

"I always wanted to be in a band. Guess I just never found the right one."

Gwen walked through the streets, walking around people who were two slow paced. She got onto a train and thought about her easier life as Spider-Gwen.

"In this line of work, you always find out the solo act. But before Miles..."