𝓦𝓱𝓸'𝓼 𝓜𝓻. 𝓑𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝓮𝔂

A melodious song played through the Bennet house while giggles and loud footsteps could be heard upstairs

Lilibet Bennet sat in content silence enjoying her sister Mary's piano forte that she had been practicing exceptionally hard in preparation for her weekly session with her sister. Not wanting to disappoint, she focused very hard as Lilibet smiled in contentment.

Lilibet found it very important to have at least 1 interest to share with each of her sisters to encourage sisterly bonding and affection.

For Mary, it was piano. Lilibet had played from a very young age, falling in love with the melodic keys which could tell many stories.

For the eldest sister, Jane. They shared the interest of sewing where Jane loved the aspect of needlepointing, Lilibet found her love for sewing through fashion and wanting to make beautiful garments for her family.

This then lead into the interest of the closely aged younger sisters Kitty and Lydia. Shopping. The girls would often take Lilibet to the market to purchase fabrics, ribbons, buttons, buckles, jewellery, the list is endless. Saying that she made much finer clothing than sold in the shops, though this did make Lilibet happy to hear, she sometimes became overwhelmed with the work. Never knowing why they would both need so many dresses and accessories, yet she didn't have the heart to question it.. and an even bigger heart to never say no..

Then there was Elizabeth. Closest in age and acting more likes twins than sisters, Lilibet and Elizabeth simply find joy in ones company. Both would often sit in their fathers office and read amongst themselves. Sometimes reading sentences aloud they found particularly amusing or to engage one's opinion.

And the interest most of the Bennet sisters loved to do so dearly.. dancing!

Lilibet

"You play wonderfully Mary. You've improved tremendously since our last lesson" I beamed leaning on the table watching Mary play a beautiful forte

Mary was too focused to look up from her keys but a small smile to show her acknowledgment to my comment was enough.

Heavy footsteps came barrelling down the stairs at an alarming rate which caused my head to turn to find out the culprit who was making such a ruckus.

I should have known when giggles came to follow who it might be.

Noticing Jane has left the lounge with needlepoint in hand, she stood at the bottom of the stairwell awaiting to find out what all the noise was about

Almost like I could predict what was going to happen next I shot from my seat at the table looking into the corridor.

"CAREFUL!"

Jane looked at me startled not noticing I was there before looking back and almost being taken out by no other than Kitty and Lydia who was making haste to Papa's study.