Talking with Neteyam parents

Bold=na'vi talk
Italian= sigh language for underwater

Neteyam point of view:

It has been a week since the incident with Lo'ak and Payakan. Äneyr official cut of all contact with his parents. He still hasn't talked to Aonung. The only one he talks to from his adopted family is Tsireya. I was with Äneyr and Tuk. We were hunting fish. We were spread out. This was very tricky. I have not killed one fish, neither did tuk. Äneyr speared another fish. Dad joined us.

"So have you got any?" asked Dad. "No." Tuk and I answer. Äneyr speared another fish again. He was being awfully quiet. It's kind of worrying me. "Äneyr, is everything ok?" Dad asked. I wasn't the only one who noticed. "Yeah. Just thinking." said Äneyr. Ilu came swimming over. "Go for a swim. We get the fish for dinner." I said. "You sure?" asked Äneyr. "Positive." I answer. "Okay." He said. He passed me the bag of fish and his spear. The climb on Ilu. Now I recognize. It was Ka'vi, Äneyr Ilu. He was gone with Ka'vi. "What's going on with Äneyr?" asked Dad. "I don't know." I answer. "Go find him. Try to find out." said Dad. I called my Ilu and swam off to find him.

Äneyr point of view:

I was just swimming around and enjoying the quiet. I am not going to lie but I kinda miss my family. I haven't talked to dad in a week. I haven't talked to mom longer. Aonung, I had been almost two weeks. I kinda miss them. I could feel my gills on my neck coming out. I was slowly floating to the surface. My face was facing the sky. I felt peace, but lonely. I miss Neteyam company. Even though we only have mates a week ago, we never really left each other alone. We kinda got used to us always being near each other.

I felt someone grad my hand. My gills instantly disappeared. I looked over and saw Neteyam. He moved me and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my neck. "Are you okay, love?" asked Neteyam. "Yes. Just thinking." I answer. "About what?" he asked. I love how loveable and protective he is. I really love him. We were of course still in the water. "I kinda miss my family. I still haven't forgiven mom when she said those things. I haven't forgiven Aonung for doing that to Lo'ak. I haven't forgiven dad for calling Payakan killer which he isn't. I want to forgive them but at the same time I can't. What should I do?" I said. "Talk to them. That's the only thing you can do." said Neteyam. "I will do that tomorrow. We need to figure out how to tell your parents that we are mates." I said. He let out a sigh. "I know love. How about we tell them, tonight." said Neteyam. "Are you sure?" I asked. "positive." said Neteyam. We just sat there, enjoying each other's company. We called our Ilu and went back to the village. We walk to the Sully pod. It was only Jake and Neytiri.

"Where the others?" asked Neteyam. "Kiri took Tuk to look at the reef. Lo'ak went to visit Tsireya. Do you need them?" asked Jake. "No. We need to talk to you two." I said. "Adopt what?" asked Neytiri. "You might want to sit down." I said. We did. Neteyam took in a deep breath. "I have a mate." He said. Jake eyes wided and Neytiri look shock. "Really. Who is she?" asked Jake. He sound a bit disappointed. "It not a she. It a he. Äneyr is my mate." said Neteyam. It was quiet and a bit awkward. They looked shocked. There were a look on their face that didn't know what it was. It could be disappointed that their son picked a male. It could be discussed because their son's mate was a male. It could be hurt. I seriously didn't know what their face read. Neteyam was having a hard time reading their faces too. I could tell he was getting worried. I grabbed his hand to try to comfort him. His parents were watching us.

Next thing I knew, Jake jumped up with a smile on his face. He was dancing around and laughing. Neytiri was also smiling. I was confused and so was Neteyam. "Woohoo, our son finally have a mate." Said Jake. He was still dancing around. Now I know their reaction, they were happy. I was still confused. "Aren't you guys like disgust that he chose the male?" I asked.

"Hell no. Doesn't matter the gender. It's matter that you guys love each other." said Jake. "You too truly loved each other. It kind of say this was already going to happen." said Neytiri. "How?" asked Neteyam. "Let's see. You two are always near each other. You two are always in the line of each other site if you're not next to each other. Plus one night we saw you two cuddling next to each other. They were looking in your guys's eyes of Love when you saw each other. Not to mention, you guys are also either a( holding hands or b) Neteyam arms is around your shoulder." said Jake. "God we're that obvious?" asked Neteyam. "Kind of." smiled Neytiri. "So you guys are okay with this? " I ask. I wasn't too sure yet. "Yes. We are find with. Do your parents know?" asked Jake.

"No. I am not talking to my family right now. Only one I am talking to is Tsireya." I said. "You need to talk to them." said Neytiri. "I am. I am going to talk to them tomorrow. I am not ready to tell them about Neteyam being., But I wi tell them in time." I said. "Can you not tell my siblings yet. We want to tell them after we figure out the situation with Äneyr family." said Neteyam. "Of course." said Neytiri.

"Another thing. Don't stop Kiri contact to the tree. I understand it risky, but don't stop her. The tree is part of her and it will hurt her if she doesn't connect to it. Not physically, but emotionally." I said. "Jake look unsure. Neytiri grad Jake hand. "Alright. Only if someone is with her." said Jake. "Of course. That is kinda stupid letting go by herself." I said. "Glad we agreed." said Jake. We shook hands "Welcome to the family." said Jake. Neytiri hug me with a smiled.