huit

Me and Lando wake up when there is a very loud knock on the door. I stayed the night with Lando because he asked and we fell asleep on 2 separate couches. 

I open my eyes slightly and have to think for a moment about where I am. I see Lando still sleeping but the knocking doesn't stop. 

I go to the front door and open the door. First I rub my eyes and when I look in front of me who it was I'm shocked.

I just wanted to sink under the ground. Carlos, Charles, Alexander, Max, and Arthur were all at the door. "Hey?" Carlos says surprised. 

I step into the hallway but leave the door ajar so we aren't trapped outside. 'Lando's still asleep. But why are you all here?' 'We agreed with Lando to play Paddle. But I can also ask the question, what are you doing here?' Carlos asked.

In that last sentence, I felt that they had the wrong idea and that they thought I had sex with Lando. 'No, no, it's not what you think. Lando wasn't feeling well yesterday so I went with him to his house. We must have fallen asleep.' 

I look at Alex to see a reaction on his face but I can't really see anything and the same goes for Charles."But come in, I'll wake him up." 

We all go inside, I see Lando standing up next to the couch. 'Shit, sorry I completely forgot about the appointment. I'm getting ready as soon as possible.' "Take your time, we're already too late." Max says sarcastically. 

When Lando is changing, I quickly make 2 cheese sandwiches for him so that he can eat them on the way. "So no sexy date with Lando?" Alex asks with a grin on his face when I've just finished the 2 sandwiches. 

"No, and I don't intend to." I say as I look straight into his eyes. 'Good.' 

Good? What does he mean by that? Lando enters the kitchen and I give him the 2 sandwiches and his drinking bottle. "Thanks, mom," he says laughing. 

I give him another big hug to make him feel that I accept him for who he is and he feels that too. "You can stay, but don't break anything. And when you leave please close the door!" 

"Okay, have fun." When they leave the kitchen I look at Charles and he gives me a smile when I exit the kitchen. 

When they are gone I start playing with my hair and I can't stop thinking about Charles. No Emily- no. 

After 10 minutes I'm out of Lando's apartment and decide to go for a run. It's been a while. 

In my apartment, I changed and immediately started my run. I wanted to run on the beach but there were way too many people so I decided to run in the city. 

It was long ago but it was good. I entered a nice cafe after a run of 1.5 km and ordered an iced latte. When you sit on the terrace of the cafe you could see the sea very nicely and this was just amazing. 

I was lost in my thoughts looking at the view but suddenly I get a notification on my mobile phone. It's an email from the hospital. I hardly dare to look, but Isa's words keep haunting me. Just do and don't think! 

I click on the E-mail and read the e-mail calmly. 

E-mail= 'Dear Emily Diamond, I am happy to tell you that we would like to meet you for a talk. You can make an appointment on the number below and you will find all the information in the appendix.' 

I wanted to scream for joy, but there were too many people who could hear me. I immediately send the email to Isa and my dad and I immediately pay for my drink when it is empty. 

I run home and I take a quick shower. After putting on clothes I immediately call the number.

"Bonjour madame, en quoi puis-je vous aider?" (Hello ma'am, what can I help you with?) That I could understand, thanks to school. 

'Hello, this is Emily Diamond, I received an email an hour ago that I could make an appointment for an interview.' "Ah yes, I see that here on my computer. Could you come tomorrow at 10 o'clock?' 

"Yes, perfect I'll be there." "Okay, then I'll put you on the agenda. Have a nice day.' 'You too.' I was so nervous but excited at the same time. 

Isa and I were calling all evening to prepare for my interview. At 10 o'clock in the evening, I decided to go to sleep. 

Before I put my mobile phone away I received another message from Lando. 

Lando= Thank you for yesterday. Really means a lot to me ❤️ And I heard it from Isa. Congratulations!!!

I sent Lando some hearts and I went to sleep. 

________________________________

'Hey, it's me, Alex. How are you?' I was looking very nervous in front of me in the waiting room for my interview when I got a message from a number I didn't recognize. 

I looked surprised when I saw Alex's name on the screen and didn't really know what to send back. 

"Everything okay I think, a little nervous." 'For?' "Job interview at the hospital." 

"Wow, good luck. They'll take you for sure.' "Everybody says so, but I'm not really sure." 

"It'll be all right, and if you get hired I'll buy you dinner." 'I'll hold you to that.' I say with a smile on my face when I look at his message. A man comes out the door and says my name. 

'Yes, that's me.' I put my phone away and go with the man. He gestures for me to sit down and I do. 

_________________________________

The conversation lasted at least an hour and I felt it was going well. 

'This was a very good conversation, you look perfect for the job. If you want you can start next month.' 'Real?' "Yes," he says with a smile. 

We stand up and shake hands. 'Thank you.' When I'm out of the hospital I call Alex immediately.

 I usually would call Isa or my father but he came to mind first. 'I have the job.' "I had no doubts about that!" He says immediately without hesitation. 

"Let that food be good," I say as a joke. 

"Sunday 6 pm in the evening?" he meant it-  'Yes that's OK.' 

"Okay great, send your address and I'll pick you up." He immediately hangs up and I don't know what to say. 

I just thought he said that for a laugh, I'm going on a date with Alex-