Chapter 7 - Feeling Guilty

Two weeks went by since it happened, Manic has been trying to call his two friends 'Boomer and Shawn' though he still haven't got any clues to the Ghost of Cayden. At the same time, Sonics former friends have been thinking of their actions and how they awful they were towards Sonic. Knuckles 'who was the most guilty' felt like crying. Tails said, "I dunno about you but I feel so awful for what I said to Sonic." Marine said sadly, "Yeah." Everyone agreed. Knuckles looked down before Rouge said, "You just can't stop thinking of him can you?" Knuckles lowly said, "Shut up." Rouge cut him off as she said, "You don't care about him at all!!" Knuckles snapped and shouted, "YES I DO!! I WAS THE SAME AS YOU GUYS BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM! I AM IN LOVE WITH HIM!! REASONS WHY I JUST BLOW HIM OFF OR SHUT HIM AWAY IS BECAUSE I WAS SCARED! SCARED OF MY OWN FEELINGS FOR HIM!!!" He started heavily breathing. Everyone was surprised. Tails asked, "You have loved him?" Knuckles nodded as he said, "Yes..." Rouge then said, "I knew it.." Amy and Blaze said nothing.

Knuckles stood up and walked off. He couldn't look at himself for what he did was just awful. That's when he sees Manic. Knuckles asked, "What is it Manic?" The green hedgehog didn't say anything. Knuckles suddenly asked Manic, "Have you seen Sonic? I need to tell him something." Manic flinched at the mention of Sonic. Manic lowly said, "No..." Knuckles then said, "I haft to go see him if you mi..." He trailed off as Manic pushed him and said, "You stay away from him." Knuckles asked 'offensively', "Why can't I see him Manic?" The green hedgehog answered him with an upset tone, "I am warning you echidna. Do not go anywhere near him." Knuckles stood up and said, "Geez what's gone into you? Your really taking psycho-street to a new level." Manic then said angrily, "I'm warning you for the last time. Stay away from him or you die." Manic walked off as Knuckles sighed deeply. Assuming Manic is going overly protective mode for Sonic after what happened two weeks ago. Knuckles says to himself as he walk to Sonics room, "Geez, Manic is seriously becoming an overly protective sociopath. As if him being psycho wasn't bad enough." Knuckles knocked on the door and said, "Hey Sonic? Can we talk?" Sonic voice replied, "Go away." Knuckles said to him, "Come on Sonic just for a minute." Sonics voice shouted, "I SAID GO AWAY!!" Knuckles walked off as he said, "Someone is not in the mood to see me."