«He is a crazy guy but he is very helpful,» I admit with no lies.

«Okay, I want to believe you,» he observes with a rigid tone. «But if I find out something is off, you'll listen to me, young lady.»

I put an upset smile on my face nodding even if he can't see me. I miss him and our normal days together and wonder how all of this changed so much and how it will feel when one day I'll go my way. It will be hard for both of us but I am glad he has Marina next to him, letting me know that he won't be alone.

«I love you too, Dad,» I laugh.

«I love you too, sweetie, have a good day, bye.»

When we hang up I close my eyes to push down my sad mood and go back to check my phone. Some texts from Kevin that I will check after because the one I am more interested in is Daniele's. I haven't replied to him yesterday when he asked me how Kevin was and right now I feel bad I didn't. I answer now, hopefully, he will accept my late reply.

Sorry for the late answer

He seemed fine but he didn't tell me anything

He will once we'll be all together

Then I move my attention to Kevin's chat, reading that he has sent me two texts yesterday after he dropped me here and one from this morning.

Kevin

I'll pick you up at 9 pm and wear something fancy

And thanks for have been there for me, good night [2:12 am]

Morning, do you want me to pick you up and go together to Daniele's?

Wait, what? He'll pick me up at nine pm and I have to wear something fancy? I thought we would've gone somewhere casual, with no effort and feel normal but instead, he wants to do something lavish and I have never done those types of stuff. I don't even know what fancy clothes are and if I have something in that style in my closet. Suddenly, I again have second thoughts about it.

«Antonio,» I shriek from the room while I type the answer and tell him that I can arrange something and go by myself to Daniele's office, even if I have the sense he will come to pick me up since his morning text was about two hours ago.

I hear fast steps coming from the other rooms and when Antonio pops up in my room giving me a worried glare and I chuckle. «What? What happened?»

I narrow my brow. «Why aren't you in University today?»

My best friend sits in front of me and shrugs. «It's exams session, I am preparing one.»

I nod. «Kevin and I will have a date tonight,» I tell him biting my inner lip.

He smiles and claps his hands. «Wow,» he declares before inching towards me. «What do you need?»

«A dress,» I throw the ball. «He said to wear something fancy. I am sure I have nothing fancy... I need your help.»

Antonio's smile widens as I say that. «We'll go shopping today afternoon, are you free?»

«Yeah, sure-»

«But I pick something for you,» he warns me by pointing a finger in my direction. «Trust me, you'll like it.»

I stare at him with a hesitant glare. «Okay, but I'll be there, if I don't like it I won't buy it.»

«I already have something in my mind that I am sure you'll like,» he comments before standing up from the bed and winking at me.

I sigh looking at him. «Can I use your car, this morning?»