A loud sound erupted the area, a whistle it seemed, startling you.

That's a train?!

Your eyes widened in shock as you froze in fear, not being able to comprehend the new information as well as the noises around you.

People started to brush by quickly, seemingly in a hurry for some reason.

"What's the matter? We're going to miss the train!" Rengoku swiftly turned around, noticing you not matching his footing. But upon looking at your widened eyes, a wave of worry covered his bright features as you stared off at the station in a daze, "Are you afraid—?"

Another loud whistling flooded the ears of everyone's ears, and you jumped in shock as your hand reached for your katana.

"Ah ah—" Rengoku was quick to reach out and covered your hand with his own that gripped firmly onto the hilt of your katana, "Y/n, it is not a threat."

Coming to reason you let go of your katana, trusting in the older pillar. However, that did not shake off your nervousness.

"Are you afraid?" He asked again, but you stood silently, "You do not have to be ashamed, it's new to you, and I can understand that."

"...A little I must admit," you sighed, slumping your shoulders in defeat.

"How about I help you?"

"How?" You raised a brow, looking at him questioningly.

"Here," he offered his hand with a comforting smile, careful not to overwhelm you, "Take my hand and I'll lead the way."

Hesitant, you reached out for his hand. Once connected, he was quick to intertwine fingers, a small smirk played on his lips as his eyes flashed to you.

Is he—

"We must rush, we're going to miss the train!" He exclaimed, tugging on your arm, making you let out a huff as you had to steady yourself after the sudden movement, "Oh! We have to hide our blades, remember we are in public now."

With one hand you quickly took your blade within its sheath and shoved it down your back, hidden within your Demon Slayer Corps uniform. Although without a haori, it failed to completely cover up the bulkiness, you doubted anyone would bother to ask, especially with Rengoku at your side.

As the two of you finally made it up to the train, you gasped at how loud and big the said vehicle was. Although you were still nervous, you couldn't help but be impressed.

"Let's sit at the back of the train," Rengoku suggested as the two of you entered the train. Although, you were in a daze. Unaware of what the man had said to you, and also unaware of how he was feeling.

Entranced by the train itself and all the people on it, you fell blind to Rengokus' conflicting emotions, much to his advantage as he attempted to sort them out.

Rengoku couldn't stop the smile that encased his features, unlike the usual one he wore this time it was a bit crazier than any other person would perceive.

Completely infatuated with the warmth of his partner's hand, his fast heartbeat was almost like music to his ears. Thankful to have been caught up in this moment, he never wanted to let go. After all, this was the closest he had gotten with you.

He knows about the others. About the days she spent at Muichiros, he knew. About the days she snuck off, he knew. The night she spent at Giyus? He knew. He knew almost everything she had done since he met her.

The moment his eyes met hers, he knew. She was the one. The only one. The only one that would ever cross his mind and intoxicate him in ways she did.

He didn't want anyone else but her, and although no one stood in her way, he couldn't say the same vice versa.

Many people were interested in you, why wouldn't they be?

You're just so fucking gorgeous, aren't you?

Rengoku's teeth clenched, and for the first time, he was mad.

Mad because you were so beautiful. So strong. So charming. So very...perfect. Perfect in his eyes...and everyone else's.

But that wasn't what worried Rengoku the most.

What worried him the most didn't compare to that. It didn't compare to others, it didn't compare to their ideas or their thoughts, or even their actions.

It was who you'd chose that worried him the most.

And he'd do anything to make sure it was him.

ਏਓ 。 ゚

yo am i goin a lil overboard
w the yandere ???