7: RAMEN, ANYONE?

Começar do início

Wait...

[Am I being too trusting of that letter?]

Well, according to Zirkus Huxford's memories, he could trust his servants. Especially the butler.

"Huxford, are you still with us?"

Zirkus was tempted to say 'no' to Sir Jesse's question, since the older man was obviously hostile to him. But he just flashed the instructor a big smile before lifting the small vault from the floor. "Here you go, sir." He punched the combination number and waited until the lid opened. "Feel free to check my parcel."

Sir Jesse just gave her a weird look before pulling out the vial of red capsules from inside the small vault.

[Okay, now I'm nervous...]

"Huxford is cleared," Sir Jesse announced while putting the vial back inside the small vault. "He only received a bottle of health supplements, as usual."

'As usual?'

[It seems like it's quite known that Zirkus Huxford takes health supplements?]

Fortunately, he got the answer while listening to the two female students on his left side gossip about him.

"I heard Huxford takes a lot of health supplements that are good for the skin this time."

"But his skin isn't the problem– it's his face..."

Ah, so that was it.

[Zirkus Huxford is known for taking "health supplements" that could improve one's appearance, huh?]

Well, there was nothing wrong with taking care of yourself.

[Anyway...]

Zirkus was starting to get sleepy when, finally, it was Enzo Fenton's turn to be inspected.

His heart suddenly thumped hard and fast against his chest.

"Enzo, let me check your parcel."

Zirkus frowned while watching the future villain's reaction.

[Argh, he still looks calm.]

Enzo Fenton nodded politely, then he began punching the lock combination on the keypad–

BANG!

Zirkus almost had a heart attack when the door suddenly burst open, then Rivo Creswell entered the training hall in a hurry.

[Okay, what now?]

"Sir, Professor, Madam, we already found it!" Rivo Creswell reported in an urgent voice. "We found THE crates we're looking for in the main kitchen!"

Zirkus' eyes opened wide, then he turned to Enzo Fenton.

It was faint, but he definitely saw it.

[The crazy bastard smiled...!]

***

THREE DAYS later, the academy's Journalism Club called 'The Inkman' released a shocking piece of news on their paper.

Apparently, some "sketchy men" sneaked into the academy while posing as delivery men. Then the men tried to put the suspicious parcels they brought into the kitchen. And the most shocking part?

["The crates that the suspects brought into the academy contained Sea Monsters called 'Pinktail.' Pinktail are harmless Sea Monsters that could easily be mistaken for salmon. Was it a coincidence that the school dining hall's menu for that day was grilled salmon?"]

Haaah.

Zirkus, who was eating bread alone on the rooftop after skipping class, let out a long sigh before he crumpled the newspaper in his hands.

He was both relieved and frustrated.

Of course, he was happy that no one was poisoned.

But he was frustrated because he couldn't figure out how Enzo Fenton managed to switch his parcels without getting caught.

[I know that the sketchy delivery men were his servants, but still... aigoo!]

His thoughts were interrupted when the door suddenly burst open, then an unexpected guest arrived.

"Hi, Classmate..."

Zirkus trailed off.

He was used to Enzo Fenton's cold gazes, so he didn't really mind when the villain looked at him like he was a nuisance.

However, the Window in front of him informed him of his dangerous situation.

<"WARNING! The First Disaster's urge to destroy the world has reached an alarming level! Enzo Fenton is full of murderous intent at the moment!">

Was Enzo Fenton pissed because his plan to food poison the students failed?!

[Or is it because he lost the chance to test whether or not humans can eat Sea Monsters?]

Either way, Enzo Fenton was still a crazy bastard!

"Just the person I'm looking for."

Enzo Fenton said that with a sinister smile on his face while looking at Zirkus as if he had found the perfect prey to lash out at.

[Is he going to vent out his frustrations on me?!]

"Zirkus Huxford–"

"Enzo Fenton," Zirkus said, cutting him off. He sounded confident and haughty, but his knees were actually shaking a bit. Just a little bit, okay? "Do you want to eat ramen in my room?"

"Ramen?" Enzo Fenton, who looked slightly calmer now, asked curiously. "What is that?"