[p.1] VII. there's something about you,

Start from the beginning

You wasted no time and began sweeping the floor, making sure that each dirt and dust there were all swept and for the floor to be clean as possible. You gathered them in a dust pan and carefully disposed it on the trash can. Staring at the waste bin that was full with garbages already, you volunteered to throw them to the school's main dumpster -- leaning the broom against the wall and finishing your first work in order for the other to be done. It looked like no one was going to bother throwing it, and you were already done with sweeping anyway. You tied either side of the bag and took it out from the bin and made your way through the hallway. 

This could serve as a distraction for the fatigue your body was still feeling. 

Your body felt ten times worse than it already was yesterday. The guess of this being insomnia could really be possibly true now, and the only way to find that out was definitely getting yourself checked by a doctor. Having this 'I can't sleep enough and I feel tired all the time' case had started back somewhere in the middle of your first year in highschool. You didn't exactly knew how but one day it just... happened. Eyes staring at the ceiling of your room, even thought your body felt tired your eyes can't seem to shut themselves. It wasn't all that worse before, only then it did when you reached your third year. And in that certain time, you were positive with the reasons behind it. Schoolworks, after school-work, relationship, the past, you had been overthinking all along and it consumed your body mind. You were still in denial that it was a huge sleeping problem at those times though. 

That was the specific time where started to have the worst dark bags under your eyes, many people said that your skin went a tone paler and your posture became sluggish. You've got a feeling that this would badly affect your academic performance this first semester, you barely listen to the teacher's lectures anymore and still have not yet finished projects due next week and the following week after that was the semestral finals. Honestly, you weren't going to expect having high grades -- at least this for this semester. You needed to maintain your grades and not lower them unfortunately like in your second year. You were aiming for a prestigious college in Sendai afterall, quite literally -- whatever bits of hopes you have left and dreams would be crushed if you weren't going to be able to enter the university you've been planning and saving for for the last three years. Fingers crossed that you'd be able to grab a scholarship. 

Walking through the hallway was easier than you thought it would be. You quickly slipped off to your outdoor shoes to avoid any scolding from the student council. The school was strict with keeping the floors clean so if they were to see you use the indoor shoes at the backyard of school where there were amounts of soil to stick itself on the footwear and use it back inside, you'd be a goner. This part of the school was oddly quieter than some parts of the large area. You could clearly hear the chirps of crickets, the sound of students bustling albeit distant than before. 

Stopping infront of the dumpster, you tossed the large bag filled with garbages -- removing microscopic germs with your hand (if that was possible) by making your palms touch in an almost clapping manner. You took a sigh and felt your neck strained. Out of impulse, you slowly tilted to the right side and hearing the crack made you sigh in satisfaction as you did on the other side. You didn't know how much you needed that neck crack until now. It felt relieving, but it was brief as you suddenly felt dizzy and you visioned small back spots -- your eyes squinting by the sudden change of sight -- with a good consciousness, you supported your body with your hand touching the nearest wall you could lean against to. 

You were certainly not ready for that. 

You could have died possible ways but from a mere crack of a neck was not your choice. 

It took a couple of seconds for your vision to go normal, and when you felt like you were ready to head off, you went back to the building and concluded that your classmates were definitely finished cleaning. On your way there, you were still a little shaken from that sudden ordeal event but managed to loosen up when you entered the room and quickly -- you grabbed your bag and looped it under your shoulder, ready to head at the train station. School day was over, work night was to be done.