004. ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴜᴅɪᴏ

Start from the beginning

If she looks at people, then people look at her. Can't change her mind.

The only people there was Oakley, Valentina's producer, Maurice, and finally Oakleys producer. The less crowded the better.

She placed the headphones over her ears while pulling out her phone. Her phone had the lyrics they created not even thirty minutes ago.

Music could be heard through her headphones, indicating it was time to start.

Val just started with a couple of notes to get the vibe of the music.

The two produces sat next to Oakley, who was simping so hard right now. He knew Val was beautiful from the second he saw her, and he knew she could sing.

But damn. Being up close and seeing it first hand in front of his eyes was something else. Her voice hypnotized him in a way he's never felt before.

"He giving me
that good shit

That make me not quit
That good shit"

Maurice paused the music. "Val, right there! I love that."

She looked up from her phone. "What I just did?" Her voice sounded a little different since the effect was still on.

All three of them nodded to the question. "Yeah, that little riff was hella good."

Val glanced at Oakley then back at Maurice. "I was just feeling it, Maury."

"I need that again." He said gently.

Val nodded her head. She could definitely do that. "Okay... then roll it."

Oakley smiled at the interaction. A green flag of hers was that she had basic manners. Wifey material.

Oakley has had his fun and his days of partying are behind him. He wants to find somebody to settle down with. Val on the other hand is only 21. He thinks she still has many years of partying and going out.

Val walked out of the booth with a smile on her face. Her part was done, now it was time for Oakley to step up.

She made eye contact while walking toward the group. "Think you can top that?"  She asked with a smile on her face.

"I don't know," he started sarcastically. "You're just too good, you know."

Before he could fully walk into the booth, Val called out. "Don't mess up!"

He rolled his eyes dramatically before closing the booth door.

After about an hour the song was finally done. Both Val and Oakley loved the finishing product. It was definitely going to be a hit, hopefully.

Val was starving. After about 3 hours of no food and just straight working tired her out. She is naturally a snacker, so 3 hours is a long time for her.

Either Oakley was a mind reader or felt the same way because he knew she was hungry. "Do you want grab something to eat?"

Val nodded. "Yeah, let me just grab Maurice."