14 | GUILT

Somewhere in sea, the yachtJuly 14th, 20201:31 am

July 14th, 2020
1:31 am

I had been alone in the bedroom for about half an hour when I started to think of Rafe's lips. I wanted them again, and falling asleep knowing he was so close to me, but yet so far, was almost impossible. He was probably already asleep and if he wasn't, I was probably the last thing he was thinking of, but this was exactly what drove me insane. It annoyed me that I was this way, but for some reasons, Rafe had became an obsession and it wasn't good.

I tried so hard to fall asleep, forcing myself to close my eyes and empty my head, but it was unsuccessful. I sighed and sat up in the bed, before getting slowly up from the mattress, placing my feet on the floor silently. I went to open the door, my heart beating loud in my chest, because I had no idea what I would tell him or even what would happen, but my body just didn't allow me to be far from him for any longer.

I swung open the bedroom's door and my heart skipped a beat when I saw him on the other side of it, about to do the exact same thing. His hand was on the door handle too, and we stayed silent, just staring into each other's eyes for a little while. When we were done admiring each other's eyeballs, I jumped and wrapped my legs around his body, while his lips attacked mine and he paced towards the bed.

He kissed me everywhere as he laid me down and I begged him not to stop by returning the kisses with just as much intensity. He was already shirtless so I didn't have to do much, while he made sure I was okay with him taking my clothes off. This night was perfect and I didn't think even just a second about the consequences of my actions, because it was wrong but felt good.

(...)

Somewhere in sea, the yacht
July 14th, 2020
??:??

I woke up naked, wrapped in the covers and Rafe's arms, realising then fully what had been going on between him and I a few hours earlier. I stared at him sleeping peacefully for so long that I almost forgot to check what time it was. When I grabbed Rafe's phone and saw it was almost 11 in the morning, I grabbed the very first clothes I found and put them on. Rafe groaned since my agitation woke him up and he rubbed his eyes.

"What are you doing?" he sighed.

"I need to go, it's already late," I stated.

He laughed, and this time, it didn't amuse me at all, because I knew that I'd have to face my brother's questions, and maybe even Susan's, which was worse. "Okay, yeah go ahead, go home," he voiced.

That's when I realised that I had no opportunity to leave since he had stopped the yacht in the middle of the sea on the previous night (I had asked him to myself) and we did not move ever since. I sighed and stared at him, so panicked. He pulled on my arm and made me lay back with him, cornering me with his chest and arms, which I hated in this very specific moment.