10|A Gap Between Us

Start from the beginning

Was?

"I'm sorry for your loss."

He shrugged. "Never knew her. She died during childbirth. I thought a tattoo was a good way of honoring her."

I frowned.

He turned to me. "What about yours?"

"She's insane but alive."

My eyes widened when I remembered about Tessa. I have to get to the library before it closes.

I quickly shot up and searched for my phone to check the time.

"Wow chill Eve, what are you looking for Eve?"

"My phone," I responded. "I'm looking for my phone."

"I don't think you brought it in with you."

That's when I paused. I totally forgot she took my phone. I wanted to cry.

"You can borrow mine if you like," he said while giving me his phone.

I tapped the screen and it was already nine-thirty. The library was already closed!

Now the tears started rolling out.

I stood up and put on my clothes.

He stood up as well. "What's wrong?"

I looked up so I could stop crying but that didn't help. "I need to go find a safe parking lot to sleep in tonight."

"What? You can stay with me."

I shook my head while zipping up my pants. "I can't."

Staying with Haze for a few hours was one thing, but staying the whole night? I can't do it.

"Do you really hate me that much that you'd rather sleep in some random parking lot than next to me?"

"Haze, we just started this thing," I pointed back and forth between us. "It's too soon."

He smiled. "Eve, I think we've already passed the 'too soon' part. I won't try anything with you. We'll just be sleeping on the same bed."

I hesitated.

"You can sleep on the ground if you want."

"And why do I have to sleep on the ground?" I asked.

"Because you're being picky," he grumbled before walking to the stairs.

"I am not being picky!" I answered as I followed him up the stairs to his room.

"Yes, you are," he answered before handing me some clothes. "Hope these fit."

I watched him feeling really thankful. I guess he knows how to be nice to someone sometimes. "Thank you."

"It's either be nice or let you get killed in the parking lot tonight and that would mean I won't be able to have sex with you anymore."

I glared at him. "You just had to ruin it."

He smiled before walking to the bed.

I turned around and entered the bathroom.

The bathroom was just like his room; clean and organized. It was painted white as well and was a bit larger than the average bathroom.

There was a shelf on the wall organized with towels, washcloths and toiletries.

I picked up a towel and washcloth and set the shower to a warm temperature. I then stepped in the shower and allowed the light, warm water to fall on my skin.

The shower felt amazing and allowed me to settle my thoughts. I dried myself and started dressing myself in the clothes Haze provided.

It was his jersey and shorts which were way too large for me.

I slowly opened the door to see him on his bed scrolling through his phone. I stepped outside and his eyes turned to me.

"You wear my clothes better than me."

I tried not to blush. "Shut up."

He patted the space on his bed and motioned for me to join him. I slowly walked up to the bed and laid next to him. There was comfortable silence between us.

I mean, we barely knew each other. What would we talk about? Him and I don't exist in the same circle. He's Haze De Luca and I'm well...me.

I liked the fact that he respected my privacy. He didn't bother asking why I was about to sleep in a parking lot.

There was a big gap between us on the bed. I contemplated whether I should close it or not but ultimately decided that boundaries between us would be good.

He probably thought the same way because he turned his back to me and eventually fell asleep.

I decided to turn my back to him as well because I knew there be nothing more than just a gap between us.