1

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I awoke with a groan, slowly sitting up and stretching my limbs.

Ugh, college.

I hit my alarm clock, a bit too hard I think but whatever, to make it shut up. Flopping back onto the bed, I pulled my laptop up from under my nightstand. Seeing as it was 5 in the morning and classes were at 6:30, I gave myself some extra time to browse Tumblr and shit.

I logged on, looking through my dashboard when something I happened to dislike very much appeared.

'Neko banning law suggested to mayor; make neko citizenship illegal? We think yes!' Was the headline for the attached article. I angrily clicked on it, reading through the article.

'How does it make you feel to have those petty creatures running around your city?' Reporter Erika Lane asked the mayor.
'Well, miss, I'd say they are not acceptable as citizens, due to fact that citizens are supposed to be human. The city council has been generous enough to let them even step foot into our territory.'

Of course, reading this just enraged me further and I slammed my laptop shut, placing it back on the carpeted floor before storming off to get ready. It was already 6, so I had to get ready fast.

Changing into a green shirt, black and white striped cardigan, white skinny jeans and black vans took longer than I anticipated, so I barely had time to grab my things and run out the door.

Great. Alone again. Naturally. Isn't that a song? I heard it somewhere before. Maybe in a movie?

I was so lost in thought I didn't even see the small shivering figure that I was about to trip over.

Still trying to figure out if it was a song or not, my foot landed right in the ribcage of the poor being, making me fall over and lay like a dead starfish on the ground.

"Oi! B-brat! Watch-ch where y-you're going nex-xt time." A shivering voice said. It sounded male. I looked around and saw a shivering neko, shirtless with whip marks on his back and a raw, bruised neck with a chain around it. He was wearing a light material, like a bed sheet or something, around his waist. Tears formed in his eyes as a large bruise was imprinted over many handmarks and cuts that decorated the skin on his protruding ribs.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I asked, trying to help him up only to be scratched and hissed at.

"I'm f-fine you shitty -AGH!" He whimpered loudly, clutching his stomach and keeling over. He looked like he was dry heaving, but a small dribble of blood ran from the corner of his mouth.

"No you're not." I said sternly, trying to think of somewhere I could take him to be treated.

"That's it!" I snapped my fingers, gently picking up a half unconscious neko boy.

"To Hanji's."