Comfort zone

Depuis le début

"Over what?" I ask, curious as to what made her so hysterical that night. Before she can answer Jasmine comes trudging back into the room, a pile of clothes in her arms.

"Why do you own so many balaclavas?" She questions, dumping the clothes onto the bed. "Skiing," Juliet shrugs, reaching over to grab one. "Why do we need these?" She asks.

"Because you my friends are going to be bank robbers," She reveals excitedly, handing us each a balaclava.

"Carter your outfit is fine but Jules you go get dressed in the bathroom while I make you two some money bags" Jasmine orders, taking a black marker out of Juliet's desk and spreading out two beige pillow cases on the bed.

Juliet takes off towards the bathroom as I watch Jasmine draw money signs on the pillowcases. I sigh quietly, wondering how I got myself in this situation.

I just wanted to check on her and now I'm going to a halloween party dressed in a lazily put together costume.

Although I'd rather not go to this party, for some reason I can't find myself telling them I want to leave. I hate to admit it but Juliet isn't the worst company in the world plus I feel like I should be there to supervise her.

As I'm sitting on the bed something wedged under the pillow catches my eye. I nosily pull out the scrunched up piece of paper, looking down at the cursive writing adorning it.

There's only four words but the last one is scribbled out, making it unreadable. It reads, waterpark, turtles, tattoo which makes my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

I realise that these must be Juliet's plans for winter break approaching next week. It fills me with a sense of relief knowing that she actually plans on doing something because I was fully expecting her to hide in her room the entire time.

"Girl you are so fine," Jasmine blurts, her mouth agape. I turn to where she's facing, seeing Juliet in the doorway of the bathroom. She's wearing a lacy black bralet paired with tight black leather flares.

"Doesn't she look good!" Jasmine exclaims, expecting me to encourage a nervous looking Juliet. "Uh yeah," I husk, trying to sound as monotone as possible.

"Alright I need to get changed so you two wait here," Jasmine chirps, heading towards the bathroom. I watch as Juliet walks across the room, her hips slightly swaying as the leather hugs her body in all the right ways.

She sits at her vanity, doing her makeup as I pretend to scroll through my phone when in reality I'm just sneaking glances at her.

"You don't have to feel like you need to come, I know parties aren't your thing," She says, tilting her head towards me.

"Who said parties aren't my thing," I reply, raising an eyebrow. "I've never seen you at one," She snorts. "Well I've never see you at one," I mimic.

"I used to go out every night and I've seen Dexter, Sylus and even Jayden but never you," She says. "Well I am quite elusive," I shrug, causing her to laugh in disbelief.

"So why did you stop going out?" I ask after a few moments of silence. "Not my thing anymore," She replies nonchalantly while applying mascara.

"So what is your thing?" I ask curiously but she doesn't reply, remaining silent.

"What do we think," Jasmine asks energetically, doing a little spin as she comes out of the bathroom in a pirate costume. "Hot as shit," Juliet admires.

"I know," Jasmine smirks, strutting into the room. "You two ready?" She asks. "Yeah one second," Juliet replies, applying some lipgloss as she stands up.

"We should probably hurry up and leave before my dad get's home," She says, grabbing her phone off the charger and heading towards the door. We follow her out, Jasmine babbling about how drunk she's going to get tonight as we head downstairs.

"I'll drive, my cars outside," I remind her, confused as to why she's led us to the garage. "Yeah I know I just need to get something," She explains. "Can you grab that box please," She asks, pointing to the top shelf after attempting to get it herself.

I oblige, grabbing it with ease. She opens it up, revealing a box full of toys before grabbing two black nerf guns. "To complete our costume," She clarifies, a grin adorning her face.

I tiny smile tugs at the corners of my lips, seeing Juliet actually enthusiastic about something making me pleased for some reason.

"Come on we've got a party to get to," Jasmine says, leading us outside.