Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2

Start from the beginning

"As if anyone would turn you down Reg," Barty nudged him, "you're way too great a catch."

Sirius and Iola apparate to Platform 9 3/4. They look around, and spot Amelia Bones waving for them. She is standing with Augusta and Neville Longbottom.

"Suzy!" Iola shouts, dumping all her bags on her groaning father, "I haven't seen you in forever."

"You saw me last week," Susan laughed, "and the way Aunt Amy and Uncle Sirius are looking at each other, we'll be seeing each other a lot more often."

Sirius and Amelia both blush, watching their older selves flirting. "I always did say my Melia was a good catch Pads," Lydia nudged Sirius, "guess your older self agrees."

"Shut it Prongs," Sirius snaps, face turning red as an apple.

"Who's the kid though?" Frank Longbottom asks, "she calls Amelia Aunt, meaning she's either Edgar, Liam, or Gabriel's kid." The three mentioned Bones brothers all look at their wives and blush. 

"Oh that's totally gross," Iola says, looking at the two flirting, "I hate that my Dad has a love life."

"I feel you," Susan says, putting her arm around Iola, "imagine what Callie and Benjy would do."

"Don't," Iola says, waving her finger, "just saying their names summons those devils."

"SUZZZZZZZY!" a loud obnoxious cry is heard. Low and behold, Benjy appears, followed by his twin sister.

"Benj," Susan sighs, accepting his hug. Whatever Benjy was about to say was cut off by the entrance of 29 year old Regulus Black, and his now fiancee, Cathy Green.

 Whatever Benjy was about to say was cut off by the entrance of 29 year old Regulus Black, and his now fiancee, Cathy Green

The hall was stunned as a much older, much happier looking Regulus Black walked on to the platform. Even more startling, was the confirmation of the man's engagement.

"Way to pick a girl Reggie," Sirius teased his brother, only to be smacked on the head by Lydia. 

"Regulus doesn't seem all too happy," she whispered harshly, "cut the kid some slack. He's only a first year, and being told he's going to marry a very attractive girl. Not helping matters are your parents, who are glaring daggers at him."

"Fine Lyds," Sirius whispered back, "but only because you asked."

"Uncle Reggie!" All the children: Susan, Neville, Iola, Benjy, and Callie all shout, and run at poor Regulus. The poor man is trampled by the children, and a laughing Cathy gives him a hand.

"Hello to all of you too," Regulus said, rubbing his bruised back, "it's as if you haven't seen me in years. You all saw me last week. In fact, your mother slapped me. Hard. Across the face."

Regulus looked at Dorcas Meadowes, who looked at the first year apologetically. What else are you supposed to do when you hear such a sentence?

"Looks like someone's Mr. Popular," Frank says astonished. Something big had to happen for Regulus Black to be so well loved by the Bones and Longbottom families.