Chapter 3: Jayda's First Job

Start from the beginning

"Listen," the leader said as he poked her shoulder, Jayda glanced down to the finger that touched her then back to him. "You might be hot, but you have to show deference to your betters, you're a lowly G-rank."

"D, I'm D-rank." Jayda corrected. "And if you want to walk away with all five limbs still functioning... remove your finger now." She told him firmly as she glanced down to his finger again then back to his face. She had been secretly hoping this would happen, that some idiot would touch her in a way where she could put her plan in action. She didn't think it would happen so soon though.

Him and his friends laughed even as he continued to poke her, "Oh yeah... and what is a lowly D-rank going..."

One gentle kick, right between the legs, that was Jayda's response to him touching her, he fainted in agony and later would learn he could never use that limb again. Several of the watching men winced and covered their sons in response while a bunch of the women who had been harassed by him simply laughed. News of this would spread, no one with half a brain would dare touch Jayda again without her permission.

His friends looked at him for a moment then both drew their swords and went to attack Jayda but in a swift movement they had their legs swept out from under them and joined their friend on the ground. "If you get up, you join your friend in agony..." Jayda warned, not even concerned that they had drawn their weapons.

Jace however walked over and glared at the three followed by three other C-ranks who instantly took control of the men. "Why is it always you guys..." he complained. "Take them to the cells, the guild master will decide what to do with you." He then turned to Jayda, "Jayda..." he sighed. "First day in the guild and already in a fight."

"Come on Jace, you knew it was going to happen," Astra told him.

"Right, Jayda, this is Astra, she'll be your mentor." Jace told her as well as everyone present that Jayda was under the direct management of the guild, it meant that her power did not match her rank and if you wanted to die, go at it, they were not responsible.

"Public announcement?" Astra asked in surprise.

"It will stop people digging into why you are together all the time since you aren't in a party." Jace told the pair before he walked off and gestured for them to follow. They walked into the guild master's office and took seats, putting their bags besides their feet.

"Nice work with the idiots," Dan said having already been told they had picked a fight with the wrong person.

"What will happen to them?" Jayda asked.

"Those three will be stripped of their status as adventurers, they've been causing us problems for a while now, however because they haven't committed a crime, they will be allowed to join again in two years and will start from G." Dan explained so that Jayda wouldn't feel guilty.

Jace placed a tray before Jayda, on it receipts and a few small gold, "Sorry but it has been deemed that the materials for the Iron Minotaur except the meat need to go to auction. We don't know the value of them so we can't give you a fair price."

"That's fine." Jayda took the receipts and money and put them in her storage. "I didn't see any subjugation of bandit requests." She told the room as she knew they wanted her to get to C rank quickly.

Jace smiled, "That's because I didn't put it up, if we have jobs, we want to offer to specific people first we don't make them public until those people turn the job down. This way we can prevent the wrong people taking the job and help people like you who need certain jobs to rank up. Your job came in day before last." He offered her a piece of parchment.

"Yeah, also, if front of house manager offers you a job, unless you have a really good reason not to, you take it or you won't get any preference for the really good jobs." Astra added as warning to Jayda who nodded.