***

The two of you lay in bed, you laying on your back and Marc by your side. Well, by your side was an oversimplification; his arm was slung over you, hand holding your waist; his naked chest half against yours as he nuzzled his face into your neck; and a leg was up and over yours so you could barely move, but that wasn't a complaint. The sheets were draped over the two of you; save for underwear, it was the only thing that covered you, and you found yourself gently massaging his scalp as you struggled to sleep. It was the evening, and you were getting as much rest as possible before hunting down Harrow. 

As Marc shifted slightly in his sleep, he dragged his arm downwards, and his hand ended up resting over your underwear. You groaned, bucking your hips slightly. God, you were so in love with him it hurt. Even in his sleep, Marc had you right where he wanted you. Then, you felt his breath shudder against your skin and when you glanced down, he was smirking. 

"You're not asleep," you mumbled, arms trailing over his torso.

"Not anymore," he replied, opening his eyes lazily and smiling smugly at you. You arched your back slightly as his fingers slid down further between your legs. 

"Marc," you moaned, and you heard his breath hitch in his throat. You looked over at the mirror and noticed his reflection, sitting up. 

"Steven," you whispered and he smiled at you. "Couldn't sleep either?" Marc looked over his shoulder and planted his head on your shoulder with a groan. You were sympathetic to Steven, despite wanting Marc so badly at that moment.

"We need to have a talk about your timing Steven," he muttered.

"I wanted to talk to you," Steven told you, and you nodded, squirming your way out of Marc's grip – albeit a little reluctantly – and sliding down to the end of the bed, holding the covers over you. It was still odd to you to see Steven, as Marc's reflection, moving of his own free will as he sat down next to you in the mirror.

"What's up?"

"You and me..." he trailed off and you nodded.

"If you wanna have this conversation, you should be in the room for it," Marc said, and you gave him the kindest, most thankful of smiles as he settled down in the bed. He wasn't the most pleased, but for you, he'd bear being the man in the mirror. "5 minutes Steven," he mumbled, and Steven nodded, shutting his eyes. After a moment of intense concentration, his reflection slumped, and you smiled as you heard the sheets move behind you. You turned, stood, and held out a hand, beckoning Steven to get out of bed. When he did, you tied the sheet over your chest like a dress and wrapped your arms around him tenderly. He reciprocated, burying his head in your shoulder. 

"You alright love?" he asked and you nodded, not ever wanting to worry him. He didn't pull away and neither did you as the two of you swayed slightly together. Then, you ran your fingers through his hair, tugging his head back slightly. He looked beyond your eyes and into your soul, and you hummed happily as his hand brushed the hair from your face, gently holding you cheek.

"y/n I..." Steven trailed off, and then as though he gained some sudden lease of confidence, tightened his arms around your waist. You could feel him harden against you, and felt your legs weaken. This was something you'd dreamt about. He seemed embarrassed about it, but as his grip on you loosened, yours on him tightened, your fingers raking up and down his back.

"Use your words sweetheart," you asked, kissing his bare chest, and then his neck. He even breathed differently to Marc, and the quicker rise and fall of his chest gave away his nerves.

 "I've liked you for a while. Well, that's a lie innit, I've liked you since the day we met," he admitted, and you smiled at him. "Meeting you was like... like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it was gonna be my favourite."

"You're always stuck in my head too," you said, smitten at his description, and he fumbled with his words.

Anyway, when you were with Marc... I wasn't watching I swear, I-" he exclaimed but you cut him off, pressing your lips against his. With Marc, he was the dominant one, and you were more than happy for it to be that way. Steven, however, you knew needed more coaxing out of his shell, and you were happy to oblige. You felt him moan slightly against your lips, as if he wasn't sure that he was doing it right, but to you, he was perfect. You pulled away, a giddy smile on your face, and he blushed. 

"I just wish I'd confessed my feelings earlier for you love," he said. "I don't mind sharing you with Marc, but I wish I was bold enough to have kissed you first."

"That doesn't matter." 

"It does. Today, I coulda lost you, and it made me realise how stupid I've been, not saying anything. That, and..." he trailed off.

"Talk to me sweetheart." 

"It's just... Marc's probably got a lot more experience than me," he said, fumbling with his fingers, "and I don't want you to go from having the best to the worst." You glanced in the mirror as Steven's reflection moved. 

"The best huh?" Marc grinned sleepily, throwing a thumbs up into the air. "Cheers Steven." You gave Marc a scolding glare. 

"Go back to sleep," you told him and he quieted. You turned back to Steven.

"There's no comparison," you told him and he nodded. He pulled away from you, sitting back down on the bed. You sat next to him. "Stay a while," you whispered. "Marc won't mind." 

"I won't?" 

"No, you won't," you told the reflection. 

"I wouldn't know what to do, love," he said nervously, and you chuckled at his wholesomeness. 

"There's nothing to do Steven," you said. We're just going to sleep."

Steven took a deep breath, and you watched as he reached out his hand to the sheet still wrapped around you. He stopped hesitantly, inches from the material, but you didn't move. You waited for him. After a moment, his fingers curled around where you'd knotted the sheet, and he pulled it slowly towards him, the material rucking around your waist as it came loose. The sun was setting, casting your skin in a golden hour glow, some ethereal halo of light about your hair. Steven's eyes caught the sun as he admired you, saturated in gold.

"God, you're so beautiful love," he breathed, face turning a deep shade of red as his fingers ran down your arm, leaving a trail of enthralled goose bumps.

"So are you," you replied. You shuffled backwards and onto the bed properly, beckoning Steven to follow, and he did, sliding his legs under the covers. Once he was laying on his side, you slid in next to him, chest to chest, legs and arms tangled. He let you move, making sure with every limb you placed that they weren't hurting. They were, but you didn't care. You had your Steven.