6- Chasing The Light of Hope

Start from the beginning

Avinaash entered the room, with a plate of food in his hand. He approached Vidya and handed ove the plate to her. she tore off a small piece of food and extended it towards Ansh.

Ansh gazed into Vidya's eyes, his own brimming with a mixture of longing, gratitude, and vulnerability. It had been four long years since anyone had stirred such profound emotions within him. No one had ever nurtured him or made him feel this cherished. The days of hunger he had endured seemed trivial compared to the deep yearning he had harbored for love and solace. Even the simplest act of affection overwhelmed him.

Vidya's voice dripped with love as she spoke, "Kya hua, bacha? Kha na... yeh pasand nahi hai?" In that moment, he would have devoured anything from her hands. Ansh shook his head gently, his mouth slightly agape, eager to receive the morsel she offered. A tender smile played on Vidya's lips as she fed him, infusing each bite with a love that made even the simplest food taste heavenly.

With only one roti consumed, Ansh felt a sense of fullness washing over him. "Bas, bhabhi, aur nahi," he murmured, his voice laced with contentment.

Concern creased Vidya's face as she worriedly responded, "Bacha, tune khaya hi kya hai? Doctor ne bola tha you need to eat properly. Thoda sa kha le, bacha."

Ansh shook his head gently, his eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and apprehension. "Nahi, bhabhi. Mujhe bhook nahi hai," he admitted. Eating more would risk him feeling nauseous as his body was not accustomed to consuming such quantities.

Akaansh's concern for the boy deepened as he observed Ansh's frail frame. The young boy, who used to have an insatiable appetite, now appeared emaciated. Akaansh couldn't fathom what might have happened to him. He needed to find out.

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Vidya nodded and handed Ansh his medicines. He took them without uttering a word. "Acha, ab thodi der aaram karle," she gently suggested, her eyes reflecting concern. "You look exhausted. Come on, lie down."

Ansh glanced at her, appreciating her care and support. "Mujhe jana hai, bhabhi," he replied, his voice filled with gratitude. "Thank you for everything you did for me, but I need to go."

Vidya's heart sank at his words. "Jana hai? Kahan jana hai?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

Ansh lowered his gaze, knowing he had no home to return to. He had lived in a dark cage for years, and he yearned to escape, to go far away. He couldn't bear staying in a house where that woman resided.

Akaansh intervened, his voice firm yet compassionate. "You are not going anywhere, Anshu. You are living with us, and that's final."

Ansh looked at him and let out a bitter chuckle. "Aapko itni fikar kyun ho rahi hai, Dr. Raizada?" he retorted, his words tinged with pain. "Chaar saal baad suddenly aapke dil main aapke liye pyaar jaag utha hai? Yeh nautanki kisi aur ke samne kariyega. I'm not falling for this."

Akaansh was taken aback, shocked at Ansh's unexpected outburst. "Anshu, tu..." he began, but Ansh cut him off, correcting him firmly. "It's Ansh," he stated coldly. "Mujhe pyaar se sirf mere apne bulate the, anjaan nahi. Yeh haq aap chaar saal pehle kho chuke hain, Dr. Raizada. You are nothing to me, absolutely nothing."

Akaansh felt a sharp pang in his heart with each word Ansh uttered. His eyes welled up with tears, but he quickly looked away, concealing his emotions. He knew he deserved Ansh's anger and resentment. He would endure anything from Ansh, but he would never let him go, not now, not ever.

Vidya shook her head, her eyes filled with determination, and she gently cupped Ansh's face in her hands. "Kahin nahi ja raha tu," she asserted firmly. "Tere man mein mere liye zara sa bhi pyaar hai toh." She took his hand and placed it on her head, her voice filled with solemnity. "Mere sar ki kasam hai tujhe, agar tune is ghar se bahar kadam bhi rakha, toh tu mera mara hua muh dekhega."