Chapter 5- Mind Games

Start from the beginning

My parents are so affectionate I love it. They always spend as much time with me as they can and I love it, so many parents in the OBX aren't close with their kids. Either drug addicts or kooks who only spend their time on work. Of course, that wasn't the only case but it was for the most part. I felt lucky to have such good parents.

I grabbed my light blue surfboard and headed out. I love that surfboard with my whole heart I cannot explain it.

As I walked down the stairs my phone buzzed, I turned it on and saw a text from none other than Rafe:

Rafe Cameron

Why did you ignore me?

Me

Why do you even care?

Rafe Cameron

Don't act like you didn't feel anything yesterday.

Me

Wait, what are you talking about?

Rafe Cameron

Yk what I'm talking about don't act stupid.

Me

Nothing important happened yesterday so just leave it.

Rafe Cameron

Stop lying, you're acting like five year old

Me

Fuck you.

Rafe Cameron

You wish darling😉

After reading the last message I simply rolled my eyes and shut my phone off, I said goodbye to my parents and went back to Sarah's car.

After that, we drove to Kie's and then to the beach.

"The ladies have arrived!" Jj screamed at us from the shore. We ran up to them and did the handshake with everyone.

"Let's surf yeah?" I told the group and they nodded.

"Last one in is a kook," Jj told us while running to make his way into the water. We all followed laughing because half of us were technically kooks. Me and the girls never took being a kook as a bad thing, but because we were also pogues we got the best of both worlds. We really can't complain about that.

We waited for the waves to get better and started surfing. Surfing is one of the many things that make me happy. The feeling of water through my hair, the wind, the surfboard flowing on the waves, the control that I have over my movements. It's all so relaxing, I often lose myself in my thoughts when surfing, I can't help it I just drift away.

Today's thoughts were all directed at the dirty blonde-haired Cameron boy with whom I had a spontaneous conversation yesterday. I know I have always hated him but yesterday he was different. He helped me when I was having a panic attack, he told me things that I would never imagine would get out of his mouth. So why was I so scared? He made me nervous on a level that he never had before. The way he took in the things I said and actually listened and believed my words, that person wasn't the Rafe that I had always known.

But then again the same Rafe also was sort of a bully to my friends, beating them up any chance he got. He also was a player who never treated girls right, he would just do them and then pretend nothing ever happened.

I felt so stupid for even thinking I could be different. I came to the conclusion that once again I needed to hate him again so that I wouldn't fall for him more than I had already.

Rafe's POV:

After Sarah and Kiara interrupted my moment with Lillian I was pretty mad.

Since I was little I always wanted to be friends with her, I also had a crush on her for a while when I was young, but when I liked someone I used to always push them away and tease them, it's something I can't help. Since then she always pushed me away and therefore I kept going along with 'hating' her. Then again though I was also extremely protective of her, not because she was mine but because she shouldn't be anyone's.