𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟐𝟓 - Changing Pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Sure it isn't one of the baker elves?"

Lorenzo narrowing his eyes with contempt before sneering back at her.

"You're just mad that I actually act on my feelings unlike you and R-" He didn't get through all of his retort as Y/n jumped from her seat and slapped a hand over Lorenzo's face, a warning look in her eyes as she spoke hastily.

"NOTHING, nothing, have fun with your little date idiot."

Lorenzo squirmed under her hand before she patted him on the cheek rather briskly and clasped a hand on Mattheo's jacket, pulling him up from his seat. Y/n then stepped out of the bench house table and dragged Mattheo down the hall that was a little easier to manage without the bulk of rushing students. His smirk proudly displayed on his lips as Mattheo caught his footing and matched Y/n's pace, stifling a laugh as he took her hand off of his jacket.

"I don't protest to you dragging me around, but a little warning next time." He began, his hands finding his trousers pockets and digging inside them, "Where are we going now?"

"I'm going to go see my sister, you can go wherever you sneak off to usually."

Y/n let go of his jacket with a small flush on her cheeks from the embarrassment of Lorenzo's comment, shaking her head softly in attempt to rid herself from the red hue. Her hands now by her sides and her feet swiftly carried Y/n toward the Moving Staircases, off to the Gryffindor common room. Mattheo moving alongside her with long strides to keep pace, his expression nonchalant as he chose to dismiss the alarm bells that rang in his head from her comment. The conversation from a few days ago replaying in his head from potions, when Y/n told him she paid more attention to where he was than he initially thought.

"Can't get rid of me that easily, Hyde."

-

MATTHEO's POV

The look on her face was a mix of what seemed like irritation and resentment, a bubble of amusement bursting in my chest from her expression. It was sort of endearing when I looked longer, but I can't think like that, that's not fair to myself. The memories picked at my brain as Y/n walked further ahead of me, shaking my head to disperse the thoughts as I once again met her speed.

Y/n was walking rather quickly down the halls, her footsteps swift and light as they echoed around the stone walls and bounced around the corridor. We had taken a similar route before, right after that prick gave her the drugged box before break. I still reminisce fondly over his blood painting my knuckles, the memory of his trembling expression bringing a smile to my lips. Call me a psycho, but he deserved it.

Although Y/n continued to surprise me on multiple occasions, giving that kid a piece of her mind wasn't strong enough of a distraction to divert from the main issue. Y/n had been paying more attention to me than I thought, which in a different context wouldn't be so bad and even enjoyable, but this wasn't a sappy situation of teenage crushes. You don't get to be a normal teenager when you have a family like I do.

"Why do you always look for me in a crowd, Hyde?" We stepped onto the first staircase in the well, its structure groaning under our feet as the path changed. Y/n facing ahead of me so I couldn't see her immediate reaction, but from the way her motion faltered and her hands clenched, her body language told me all I needed to know.

"Sod off, I do not."

"Oh but you do," I began with a small smirk on my lips, the tone in my voice lightening to a teasing fashion and my eyelashes flutteringly dramatically, riling her up was just too much fun, "and until you fess up, I'm just going to assume you're desperately in love with my handsome face."