"Just get out! There's no point in talking about the past now. We aren't together and I love someone else now." He said letting go of her with a jerk.

"If you loved that person so much then you wouldn't have slept with me last night." Paula mocked wearing her heels and grabbed her purse in anger glaring at him. "I won't let you have Eden if I can't have you. And that's a promise." She said and stormed out of the room leaving Julian to punch the wall with his fists in anger. He had messed up big time and hoped Paula wouldn't open her big mouth to Eden and tell her about last night.

He recalled behaving rudely with her last night. He saw his phone by his side table and quickly went to pick it up. He contemplated calling her but then he got vexed and said he wasn't going to call her. He hated how he was always the one to smoothen things over between them when this time it was Eden's fault. He was even more pained when he didn't receive any missed calls from her side. That showed him again that he wasn't someone important in her life to even make a call.

.

.

.

"Have a seat." Eden gestured to Monique who took a seat opposite Eden. They were both at the cafeteria.

"Would you like anything?" Eden asked and Monique humbly declined. "No thanks Eden. I have to pack soon so I'll be quick in what am about to say." Monique took deep breaths and spoke up.

"Am very sorry for everything Eden."

Eden blinked surprised by her apology. "Am sorry for all the damage I had done to you Eden. I did a terrible thing to you by targeting your marriage. I ruined your marriage Eden and for that am very sorry." Monique added getting everything off her chest.

"You're a nice person Eden. I could tell from the moment we first met at the restaurant that night. You saved me from tripping to the floor while I was pregnant...." Monique paused as she recalled the death of her unborn baby in her womb. A tear slipped from her eyes recalling that painful day. She didn't realize it then as the baby was her means of hanging on to Lionel but as time passed, she missed him. She missed her big belly bump. But sadly she couldn't turn back time in order to save her baby.

Eden brushed her hands against hers for comfort. She did know a little about how it felt not to have a child. It was a miracle she was able to fall pregnant and have Mia after four years of marriage to Lionel. "Am so sorry for..." Eden didn't know how to put her words not to upset her more.

"It's okay Eden. Maybe I was destined not to have that happiness of being a mother after all the horrible things I've done in my life." She sniffled and wiped her tears. "Anyways forget that. Am here to apologize to you because...am leaving the country. Am travelling to Italy to start my life afresh. Far away from here. Am cured now and want to pick up the pieces of my life over there." She smiled. "And hoping to find a man who cares for me genuinely as much as Lionel cares for you." She told Eden and Eden gulped looking away.

Monique laughed a little seeing her reaction. "I know you still care about him deep down. It might be very faint but it's still there. And I know for sure that he feels the same for you and realized his mistakes."

Eden didn't say anything and waited for her to finish. "Listen Eden. It's not healthy to be alone in life. I should know this very well. I've been suffering for three years alone. Though I was married to Lionel, it was like I wasn't with a husband at all. It was so much pain for me at that time especially in my condition. Am not a saint and brought that upon myself. But the point is...living a lie is far worse than anything Eden. Believe me when I say." Monique said and Eden turned to her this time.

"Am not even blaming you for what happened to my marriage. Lionel was at fault entirely for ruining it. He chose to be with you. It was his choice and no one else's. No one forced him to do that. He did that all on his own. So don't apologize on his behalf Monique. Please." Eden said.

"But you still care for him." Monique said and Eden told her confidently. "No I don't Monique. I don't care for him at all anymore. He hurt me immensely. He broke me. He shattered me to no return Monique. Don't you understand? You have no idea how much I gave to him. I gave him my all. And he didn't value it. There's no us anymore. We long separated three years ago. The only reason still binding us together is Mia."

"But have you considered the fact that Lionel isn't the only one to blame here?" Monique asked and Eden raised her brows. "What do you mean?" She asked right away.

Monique smiled and shooked her head. "Nothing. I can't convince you but I'll tell you this. Don't lie to yourself Eden. You know deep down you don't love Julian and being with him isn't right. He's going to be hurt when he demands something more from you and you can't give him that." Eden sighed recalling last night's incident. Monique was right in saying she couldn't take this relationship any further as it was hurting Julian more and more. She couldn't be selfish.

"I have to leave now but I do hope you think about what I said. Don't lie to yourself and for once have a heart to heart talk with Lionel. Am sure Mia would also want her parents to be together and happy like a family." Monique smiled before Katherine rushed out to notify Eden about the client requesting for her.

"So sorry to keep you here for so long." Monique apologized and got to her feet as well as Eden. "No. It's fine. Am glad you came. And I hope we can be friends." Eden smiled and hugged Monique tightly. "And you too take care Eden. We only have one life and we should live that life with the person we love. Am saying from experience." Monique winked and Eden nodded with a smile. "Have a safe trip." Eden escorted Monique out of the building before heading back to her station all the while pondering on Monique's words.

Sorry for late update but lack of comments is not encouraging. See you guys next time. Also check me on Goodnovel to read my book FROM PASSION TO OBSESSION and two future works coming on that platform as well. Till the next.