Business trip

After a long day at work I was getting ready to go home, when I suddenly received a call from my assistant.
„Hello", I said answering the call as I walked towards the exit.
„Mr. Hersald, you have been assigned for a important business trip. You will be going on the business trip at the end of this week", notified the assistant.
„Will I be able to have a few days off?", I asked ensuring myself a short vacation.
„If you must", replied the assistant, "I will send you a detailed email, which will consist of informational details for the trip, for example meetings you will have to attend, with it's location, date, times, etc.".
"This is a very important business meeting we have with the contracted companies, which will be detailed in the email as well, you are the most capable person for this purpose", continued my assistant.
"What about my coworkers, why isn't anyone of them going", I asked wondering why I was the one being sent for such an important job.
"Wait a second I will check it for you",the assistant replied.

I waited for an answer as I heard the tapping of my assistant's computer, which went: Tap! Tap! Tap!

Shortly after the assistant began to speak,"They either already have meetings to attend to and a few applied for vacations and were permitted, with reasons being to spend some more time with their family members." the assistant answered towards my question.

Within a short pause he continued.

"You are the most ideal person for this, if that's what you were wondering", reinsured the assistant.

"I will go on the trip", I agreed reluctantly.

The assistant replied almost immediately, "Great, arrangements have been already prepared, once everything has been completed you will receive a generous reward"

„Thank you, I will try my best to complete this job"

And this is how the phone call ended.

The following days were exhausting and stressful, I was assigned to do research and a few other people's work that had gotten a permit of absent. I hadn't gotten enough rest each day and night. I would show up to work very tried, with huge eye bags under my eyes, holding coffee, which brought me through each day.