twenty-four | stuck

JOSIE'S LEGS bounced up and down as she looked out the plane window.

"you okay, babe?" bella asked, putting their hand on josie's knee.

"hm?" josie turned her head, getting out of her head.

"are you okay?" bella asked again with a small smile.

"i'm okay." josie said, interlocking her fingers with bella's hand on her knee. "i'm just really excited to see my dad."

josie and bella were flying to new york to have a belated father's day dinner with james. that wasn't all, though. josie was keeping a secret. she had invited pedro to come along since she knew that bella missed him and she thought a father's day dinner would be an adorable reunion.

when the two landed, they headed to james' house so that they could get ready to leave. they were going to a nice resturaunt and their reservation was for seven.

"josie! we have to go!" james yelled up the stairs. josie was taking longer to get ready than bella and james. since they were already ready, the two played wii bowling.

"i'll be right down." josie said, smoothing her dress in the mirror. the clicking of her heels on the steps got bella's attention. they looked up at their girlfriend and it was like a scene in a movie.

as josie took each step, bella was absolutely flabbergasted.

"woah." bella said quietly. josie smiled and linked her hand into bella's.

"you look great." bella said, kissing josie's cheek.

"so do you." josie said, turning her face into bella's kiss.

"all right, children, let's go." james said, as he walked out the door. josie and bella followed, with bella placing their hand on josie's back.

as they walked outside they noticed a black car waiting for them. as they walked closer to what bella thought was just an average uber, the passenger window rolled down to expose pedro sitting in the driver's side.

"need a ride?" he asked excitedly. bella gasped and became increasingly excited. pedro got out of the car and bella ran to hug him.

"what are you doing here!?" they asked into his chest.

"i'm going to father's day dinner!" he answered, pulling away from the hug. "josie invited me since i'm basically both of your dads."

bella laughed and looked over at josie who was smiling ear to ear. they mouthed thank you and josie blew a quick kiss. 

everyone got in the car and they rode in comfortable silence. josie looked out the window and just basked in gratitude for how much love there was in just one car. not only were her and bella... well, her and bella, but pedro and james had quickly become best friends. 

the comfortable silence was soon broken, however, when pedro turned the radio on and born this way by lady gaga was playing. he immediately started singing a long in a very over the top way, encouraging james to do the same. which, he did. 

"this performance is for you two in the back there." pedro announced. 

josie and bella laughed. "oh, no, it's okay, we're good." bella joked. 

"mmh, i'm not sure if you are." pedro said back as james sang loudly and poorly. 

josie laughed and rested her head on bella's shoulder.

"dads." she said as she shook her head. 

they arrived to the building the restaurant was in and the concert was stopped. after born this way, they were able to annoy bella and josie with lavender haze by taylor swift and an emotional ballad with before you go by lewis capaldi.