ten | wise words of taylor swift

JOSIE KNEW that bella would be slumped after the met gala. honestly, she was glad because josephine lafferty was not a morning person.

josie decided that she would bring bella brunch at around noon so they could sleep in. she started cooking a bit before that. she made waffles in a mini heart shaped waffle maker, topping them off with butter, fresh cut strawberries, and blackberries.

she put the syrup in a seperate container, making a pop sound that alerted a sleeping cheezit.

"it's okay cheezit. just trying to get you a dad." josie said, smiling at the small cat on the floor. cheezit, not really caring, closed her eyes again.

josie placed the tupperware containers into a cute picnic basket. she placed a bottle of orange juice next to it. along with a fork and a knife.

that was the easy part.

she sat down at her kitchen island with a piece of paper and a pen. the note. this note would be responsable for changing josie's life. and boy, did she know that.

surprisingly, no crumpled up pieces of paper were scattered around her. every thought she had flowed onto the paper with her neat handwriting.

"perfect." she lightly said, adding little doodles to the note. josie folded the paper and drew a small heart. she placed it in the picnic basket.

she got up and grabbed a black jean jacket and put it over her white t shirt under a lavender sun dress. she then put on black combat boots and grabbed the picnic basket.

bella's hotel was pretty close which josie didn't think was a coincidence. once she made her way into the hotel, her heart started racing.

"hello! how can i help you?" the front desk worker asked with a kind smile.

"hi, i'm just here to see someone in room 313." josie explained.

the receptionist typed something on the computer and looked back at josie. "i'm sorry, i'm afraid i can't let you do that."

josie's face fell. "oh. uh, i'm their..." the receptionist's face turned confused.

"well, that's the thing. i'm actually here to ask them to be my partner." josie said, lifting up the picnic basket.

"that's very wonderful, but i have specific instructions to not let anyone other than ms. ramsey in that room."

josie sighed, feeling defeated. "can you at least call up to their room?"

"sure." the receptionist tapped some buttons and put the phone up to her ear. "name?"

"josie lafferty."

"i'm sorry, ms. lafferty, but their was no reponse."

josie sighed. "alright, well, thank you so much."

josie left the hotel and sat on a bench nearby. she started thinking of different ideas until she was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"jos?" she turned around and smiled.

"bella!? hi!" she shot up and bella wrapped her in his embrace.

"what's going on?" they asked.

"i brought you breakfast." she said, smiling. bella smiled and sat down on the bench next to josie. "here." she said, pushing the basket toward him. bella opened the basket and immediately grabbed the note. as they read it, their eyes got warmer and a small smile appeared.

bella,
hey bro. wow, great start. anyway, hi. i hope you had the best time at the met. you looked amazing.

i wanted to let you know that i haven't been able to get the other night out of my head. the truth is, i'm crazy about you. i'm crazy about the way you smile when you laugh, i'm crazy about the corny jokes you say when there's awkward silences, i'm crazy about the vanilla chapstick you use, and i'm even crazier for the way it lingers on my lips.