Chapter 32: Warning

Brenna

Forming a circle, the sticks moved slowly onto the mat and disappeared in the mist, but shapes started forming. The mist cleared, and the image of two men appeared. One was clearly the White Alpha with snow-white hair, even though he looked young. But the other man had his back to me, out of view. It was as if I were an outsider looking into the scene at an angle.

"Why are we taking down the High Claw Pack?" the man asked. I didn't recognize the man's voice as I listened.

The Alpha's eyes were hard as he glared at the man I couldn't see clearly. "Cale doesn't want to work with the vampires and the other species." The Alpha looked down at a map lying on the table. "We'll attack tomorrow at noon. They won't expect it, and we'll take them by surprise."

My father's name was Cale Sutton. This was the night before they attacked our Pack.

"Alpha...." The man cleared his throat as if afraid to ask.

The White Alpha let out an exasperated breath as he rolled his eyes. "What is it? I have much to do before tomorrow."

"Well...." The man walked to the side, and he also had white hair. It must be a trait of all members of this bloodline. I was surprised that this man would have a reason to fear his Alpha. He squared his shoulders and raised his chin, looking into his eyes. "Alpha, as you know, we just moved into the area. Are you sure it's wise to make enemies of the other Alpha's so quickly?"

The Alpha slammed his fist down onto the table as he glared at him. "All will come to know who the Alpha Supreme is. If they do not comply, then they will no longer be a part of the Alliance. And they. Will. Pay."

The mist covered the screen, and the image vanished.

I let out a deep breath, unable to believe what I had just heard. "He's new in town and looking to make a name for himself. He called himself the Alpha Supreme, and he mentioned the Alliance." I shook my head in disbelief as I paced the floor. "I've never heard of either before—"

Magenta was in front of me in a flash, moving at lightning speed. "Brenna, don't do anything rash—" She placed her hands on my shoulders as she looked into my eyes.

My head snapped up as I tried to make sense of it all. "What is an 'Alpha Supreme'? And an 'Alliance'?"

Magenta lowered her hands from my shoulders. "An Alpha Supreme is an Alpha in charge of an area. Regions in the world are divided into sections, not just here in the United States. An Alpha Supreme is chosen to oversee all the Packs. All of the Alphas answer to him." She shook her head as she let out a deep breath. "Usually, it's the strongest Alpha in the area."

"Well, he may have been the 'Alpha Supreme' where he came from, but not here. Adan is way stronger than he is—"

She gave me a sympathetic look as she waved her hand toward the mat. "He was the one who took you to Fletcher. Isn't he?"

I nodded. "I have to warm Adan."

I headed out the door and down the hallway as my guards followed.

"Brenna, where are you going?" Magenta asked, quickly catching up.

I shrugged. "Well, since Adan ate breakfast downstairs, I assume he's still there."

Magenta nodded. "Brenna, there is a quicker way to find him."

I stopped and stared at her. "How?"

Magenta chuckled, one corner of her lips curling into a sly smile. "Take my hand and find out."

"What about my guards?"

She shrugged. "Wait here, men."

They looked at each other, and their eyes were wide.